AHA+ Experience wit...

Notifications
Clear all

AHA+ Experience with the Regimen

MemberMember
(@jackiwoj)

Posted : 03/04/2016 1:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been using the acne.org regimen for about 3 weeks, minus the moisturizer. I would like to try the acne.org AHA+ to help with clogged pores, red marks and to help with moisturizing. Has anyone tried this? What are your experiences with using it? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/04/2016 2:48 pm

Once your skin is used to BP (usually around the 4-week mark), you're good to go to introduce AHA+! I'd ease into this treatment and slowly ramp up the amount. Start with a pea-size amount diluted with your moisturizer and see how your skin reacts. Redness, stinging, and skin peeling are common reactions, so you'll want to take it slow, but these sides usually diminish as your skin adjusts. You're basically giving yourself a mild chemical peel, so it's great for helping fade red marks faster. Adding jojoba at night really helps combat the skin peeling. As your skin gets used to AHA+, you can increase the amount. Many people use a 50/50 mix every day or every other day, and those with less sensitive skin can tolerate AHA+ well in place of their moisturizer 1-2 times per week.

It really does help take your skin to the next level! But be prepared to give it several weeks to see noticeable results.

Hope this is helpful! :)

MemberMember
(@jackiwoj)

Posted : 03/04/2016 5:00 pm

Thanks so much! I will start introducing it in a week or so. I am wondering how the AHA+ can be used in replacement of your moisturizer? Since it's like a mild chemical peel, won't it dry the skin out?

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 03/04/2016 9:49 pm

Delovely pretty much summed it up, but beware of the purge. I had some random nasty breakouts the first week which felt devastating at the time. I stuck with it and the breakouts stopped, redmarks are vanishing before my eyes, pores are clean, and my skin feels great.