Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sophialindsey

I am begging you, please help me

The only regimen that has cleared me is the acne.org regimen. Read the links in my signature before getting into it and learn what it could possibly do for your skin. It isn't an easy regimen but it has kept me clear for more than 3 years now. 

You don't look too bad. I was wondering if coconut oil may have been responsible for breaking you out. No matter what people say about certain oils, they are still comedogenic (just look at their gooey texture). That said, tea tree oil is also known to cause breakouts in some people (I know, the irony) so I have never dared to try it.

Your question on why some people have flawless skin...I've given up on that long ago. Some people just have superior genes and even though they have the same P.acnes bacteria on their skin like us, their skin habitat just doesn't provide the right conditions for the bacteria to grow out of control. It's frustrating.

For the face wash, I would try something more gentle like Cetaphil but don't take my word for it because everyone's skin is different.

10 minutes ago, sophialindsey said:
37 minutes ago, Convinceme said:

You don't look too bad. I was wondering if coconut oil may have been responsible for breaking you out. No matter what people say about certain oils, they are still comedogenic (just look at their gooey texture). That said, tea tree oil is also known to cause breakouts in some people (I know, the irony) so I have never dared to try it.

Your question on why some people have flawless skin...I've given up on that long ago. Some people just have superior genes and even though they have the same P.acnes bacteria on their skin like us, their skin habitat just doesn't provide the right conditions for the bacteria to grow out of control. It's frustrating.

For the face wash, I would try something more gentle like Cetaphil but don't take my word for it because everyone's skin is different.

I think I am going to stay on the regimen I am using for the next two weeks to see if I see a difference in anything. I have tried Cetaphil, I just actually stopped using it because I wasn't seeing any changes.

Actually, Cetaphil is just meant to cleanse your face in the gentlest way. It's not supposed to treat acne (it wasn't formulated for that) so you shouldn't expect to see any changes except a prepped face ready for spot treatment or moisturizing.

I really don't think coconut oil is right for acne prone skin. Lots of people have claimed it broke them out. Are you trying to deep moisturize? I swear by aveeno moisturizers