Notifications
Clear all

Foundation for acne prone skin?

MemberMember
(@katharina92)

Posted : 03/01/2016 5:48 pm

Hi guys,
I went through a bad bout of acne in the summer and finally got rid of it in the fall.
Before Christmas I bought revlon 24hr colour stay foundation and within days my acne was back and worse. A few weeks later I bought Annabelle matte foundation and once again broke out.
These are all oil free, hypo allergenic and non comedogenic foundations.
does anyone have suggestions for the best foundation for acne prone sensitive skin?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 03/02/2016 1:16 am

7 hours ago, Katharina92 said:

Hi guys,
I went through a bad bout of acne in the summer and finally got rid of it in the fall.
Before Christmas I bought revlon 24hr colour stay foundation and within days my acne was back and worse. A few weeks later I bought Annabelle matte foundation and once again broke out.
These are all oil free, hypo allergenic and non comedogenic foundations.
does anyone have suggestions for the best foundation for acne prone sensitive skin?

I've got oily acne prone skin as well and I use a drugstore foundation and concealer in one called Vasanti. It is more expensive than normal drugstore products and is amazing. Also try maybelline brand. Do not use Mac because your acne will be worse.

MemberMember
(@pinkpeppermint)

Posted : 04/21/2016 12:19 am

it is hard to say which foundation breaks you out actually. i had success with revlon colorstay and i have very acne prone skin. i can suggest in terms of covering acne - then definitely estee lauder double wear. i would also like to point out how you take off your makeup at night. i find that i break out a ton if i dont take my makeup off properly. in terms of gauging how much you have taken off, i am not so sure. it is trial and error my friend.