Notifications
Clear all

44 yo, can't believe Accutane is the only option in 2016

MemberMember
(@knicks3)

Posted : 02/29/2016 11:59 pm

I still have pretty bad acne, I'm a male and pretty sure it's hormonal. I did a round of accutaneand it was fine but I got cold feet on my second run because of the effect it has on the hippocampus. I just can't belive in 2016 that for cysts, that is the only option. Now that I am older the deep scars are coming out. I'm really torn on what to do...

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 03/01/2016 9:27 pm

Very well said. It's 2016. We sent humans to the moon like 50 years ago and they can't do anything for a cyst. It's immeasurably frustrating.

Debolina khan, IchhasseAkne, Lore91 and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@knicks3)

Posted : 03/05/2016 11:49 am

Right? I am in a high profile position and its just getting hard to deal with. At the same time, I already worry about the long term effects from the first course I did.

MemberMember
(@tyler-r)

Posted : 03/06/2016 4:20 pm

I firmly believe that the skin care industry is worth too much money--billions-- for any 'cures' to be released. Same thing for cancer. Those corporations and conglomerates couldn't give a shit about your confidence and self-esteem.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 04/11/2016 10:46 am

On 3/5/2016 at 4:20 PM, Tyler R said:

I firmly believe that the skin care industry is worth too much money--billions-- for any 'cures' to be released. Same thing for cancer. Those corporations and conglomerates couldn't give a shit about your confidence and self-esteem.

Ha. Wouldnt it be something if its a really simple thing and they won't tell us? I mean I know acne is " complicated" but what its easy as supplementing what our body is lacking ( or making too much of)? Yeah Im cynical.