Notifications
Clear all

College bound athlete, need help on acne/skin ASAP

MemberMember
(@dsosa98)

Posted : 02/29/2016 3:29 pm

Hello everyone, I usually dont do this type of thing but I really need some help and advice. Im an 18 year old male whos a senior in highschool. I'm committed to play college football at a school in Nebraska and I just want to get my skin 100% normal again and get rid of all my acne probelms before I arrive on campus. I have had pretty bad acne breakouts off and on for the past year and a half and has led to alot of post marks and scars that have not gone away. Ive noticed that I have pretty large pores and they seem to always be clogged no matter how many showers and face wash I use. Ive also noticed that everytime I get my face wet my skin starts getting flaky and dry and it seems that my old skin cells that are on my face clog my pores wich lead to more acne!! Its very annoying and throughout the day my skin will get a little oily around the t zone and this leads to more clogging I feel. I really need some help and advice on to what I can do to get my skin 100% pore clogged free and clean without over drying and causing my skin to flake or breakout.. Also my acne is inflamed and is very red and noticable. I feel like because my pores are clogged im continuing to get acne. My diet is very healthy and dairy products dont cause any acne for me. Acne deffinatley sucks and it has made me pretty insecure sometimes. Please someone help before I leave for college!

MemberMember
(@destinyreanne)

Posted : 02/29/2016 4:32 pm

I know you say dairy does not affect your acne but it is definitely something to consider cutting from your diet as well as refined sugars.
I suggest going to a dermatologist as they will have the best treatment option for you! They will be able to prescribe medications that you cannot buy over the counter.

MemberMember
(@dsosa98)

Posted : 02/29/2016 7:57 pm

@destinyreanneI cut dairy out of my diet for the past 6 or 7 months and ive just started consuming dairy again a couple weeks ago. Doesnt make a difference with my skin. And okay ill have to do that sometime.Thanks for the reply!

MemberMember
(@destinyreanne)

Posted : 02/29/2016 8:16 pm

The sooner the better! It is not worth the damage on your skin.

MemberMember
(@dsosa98)

Posted : 03/03/2016 10:00 pm

On 2/29/2016 at 1:29 PM, Dsosa98 said:

Hello everyone, I usually dont do this type of thing but I really need some help and advice. Im an 18 year old male whos a senior in highschool. I'm committed to play college football at a school in Nebraska and I just want to get my skin 100% normal again and get rid of all my acne probelms before I arrive on campus. I have had pretty bad acne breakouts off and on for the past year and a half and has led to alot of post marks and scars that have not gone away. Ive noticed that I have pretty large pores and they seem to always be clogged no matter how many showers and face wash I use. Ive also noticed that everytime I get my face wet my skin starts getting flaky and dry and it seems that my old skin cells that are on my face clog my pores wich lead to more acne!! Its very annoying and throughout the day my skin will get a little oily around the t zone and this leads to more clogging I feel. I really need some help and advice on to what I can do to get my skin 100% pore clogged free and clean without over drying and causing my skin to flake or breakout.. Also my acne is inflamed and is very red and noticable. I feel like because my pores are clogged im continuing to get acne. My diet is very healthy and dairy products dont cause any acne for me. Acne deffinatley sucks and it has made me pretty insecure sometimes. Please someone help before I leave for college!

Please, everyone let me know and help me out! Thank you...

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 03/03/2016 11:51 pm

If it's any consolation, you have age (youth) on your side. You're 18. I wish I was 18 again and there would be loads of time for me to figure out different treatments. Just go enjoy life in college, make friends and indulge in food.

MemberMember
(@dsosa98)

Posted : 03/04/2016 4:03 pm

16 hours ago, Convinceme said:

If it's any consolation, you have age (youth) on your side. You're 18. I wish I was 18 again and there would be loads of time for me to figure out different treatments. Just go enjoy life in college, make friends and indulge in food.

I agree, its just hard to have any confidience to go out and have fun when your face is covered with acne and scars. I used to have perfect skin and out of nowhere last year it just got bad and has gotten better then just recently its gotten worse... any good facewashes you know of?

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 03/04/2016 8:16 pm

4 hours ago, Dsosa98 said:
20 hours ago, Convinceme said:

I agree, its just hard to have any confidience to go out and have fun when your face is covered with acne and scars. I used to have perfect skin and out of nowhere last year it just got bad and has gotten better then just recently its gotten worse... any good facewashes you know of?

Oftentimes, people exaggerate the severity of their acne. I'm not sure what you meant when you use the term 'it just got bad...gotten worse'. It's too subjective unless you have a photo around here. For the facial wash, it depends on the individual's skin type. I use Cetaphil because it's gentle and doesn't irritate my skin further but take note that it is not formulated to treat acne. It merely cleanses.