Notifications
Clear all

Putting my foot down..

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 02/28/2016 9:04 pm

Hey guys my name is david and I've been suffering from acne for about 4 years now. As a teenager I had mild acne. When I got a job and finally had money to go to the derm, he cleared me right up with 3 simple steps. Glytone face wash, some brand of exfoliating product and clindymycin. I was clear within just 2 weeks. It was the happiest I've been in my life. I had no scars or anything I have perfect skin. When I reached the age of 19 I had a very stressful situation that left me with huge zits that my cleanser couldn't clear. Now when I use the same cleanser my face would be so dry.

im so sick and irritated that I cant go anywhere cause I have pimples.. It's taken such an emotional toll for me.

im fighting back and I'm going to defeat acne with changing my life into a low toxic lifestyle, emotionally and physically. I'm going to do whatever it takes to lessen even cure my acne. I've been doing a lot of research and found that acne could be liver related. I ate whatever I wanted im sure I'm full of toxins that needs to be cleared out.

My plan is to eat things that benefit on clearing acne as well as keeping my self stress free and emotionally stabled. I'm done and I will be keeping you updating on the things I do one at a time. Also feel free to leave tips

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 02/28/2016 10:21 pm

Smart science says diet has little to no impact on acne. Staying hydrated is important in keeping your skin in good overall health, but wont cure your acne.

The acne.org regimen, has been by far the best thing I have tried on my acne. I use galderma products, with epiduo forte as my treatment. I also use Dans AHA and an antioxidant peel. Everyones skin is different, but a disciplined, gentle routine should at least make a difference for the most everyone.

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 02/28/2016 11:01 pm

theres been studies that dairy makes acne worse. Acne is a disease and certain foods cause diseases. Everyone knows processed foods are loaded with chemicals. Even fruits are loaded with pesticides. I used to eat healthy and it kept my pimples at bay. But when I eat whatever I want thinking oh yeah acne is not causes by foods I get the worse break outs.

im done with chemical solutions to acne. Fuck that I don't want to be on a regime for the rest of my life. Acne is an internal thing. Chemicals are temporary. Just like how being emotionally stress free helps with acne.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 02/28/2016 11:23 pm

32 minutes ago, davidctino said:

theres been studies that dairy makes acne worse. Acne is a disease and certain foods cause diseases. Everyone knows processed foods are loaded with chemicals. Even fruits are loaded with pesticides. I used to eat healthy and it kept my pimples at bay. But when I eat whatever I want thinking oh yeah acne is not causes by foods I get the worse break outs.

im done with chemical solutions to acne. Fuck that I don't want to be on a regime for the rest of my life. Acne is an internal thing. Chemicals are temporary. Just like how being emotionally stress free helps with acne.

You could eat nothing but fruits, vegetables, and bread, and drink nothing but water and still get pimples. Diet as a cause of acne has been debunked a thousand times and the medical field has distanced itself from the theory. Its important to wash your hands after you eat, especially greasy food. I agree stress plays some sort of role.

Being on a regimen is the one of the best things that ever happened to me. It taught me self discipline, and gives me an advantage over people that have none. I eventually developed a routine of treating my skin, while watching the news, and lifting weights every morning while I allow my skin to dry. The whole process takes about an hour, and results in being fit, healthy, and well informed. If it weren't for a regimen I would probably be another brainwashed slob.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 02/29/2016 12:04 am

funny because the same website that you got your regime says otherwise.

http://www.acne.org/diet.html#caloric

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 02/29/2016 12:40 am

Anyways I'm going to water fast and not masturbate for 7 days. I'm going to let my body take a break I'll report back here tomorrow by the end of the day

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 02/29/2016 9:52 am

10 hours ago, davidctino said:

funny because the same website that you got your regime says otherwise.

http://www.acne.org/diet.html#caloric

The regimen is a scientific fact. Eat whatever you want and stay hydrated. If you arent getting enough nutrients (which most americans dont) take a multivitamin and/or fish oil supplements. It will benefit your skin, and your overall health.

lol at not masturbating for 7 days, that wont make any difference. Its more likely to cause stress than anything else.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 02/29/2016 1:20 pm

I've been execcessively masturbating for I don't know how long now. Maybe it's making my hormones imbalanced.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 02/29/2016 1:28 pm

Youre overthinking. There is absolutely no connection between masturbation and acne. Fap away man.

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 03/01/2016 1:16 pm

Masturbation and diet are theories that just don't hold up. Most evidence presented by people on here is anecdotal, so it's difficult to take it serious without any before/after pictures.

And, sure, there are studies which show acne may be linked to diet, but there's not enough evidence to make it conclusive proof.

Why not save yourself the stress and head back to see your derm? You stated that he managed to cure you really quickly before, so you obviously respond to prescription medication.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@acneguru22)

Posted : 04/10/2016 7:00 am

Acne has 4 causative factors:
1. Hormones
2. Bacteria
3. Inflammation
4. Irregular cell turnover

The only thing that will cure it is Accutane. There are numerous ways to treat the causative factors with oral antibiotics and topicals. The most important thing to do when treating your acne is to use the products daily and have patience.