Notifications
Clear all

Loving What Is...

MemberMember
(@kawecki)

Posted : 02/27/2016 9:10 am

Hi,

https://www.amazon.com/Loving-What-Four-Questions-Change/dp/1400045371/

Do yourself a favour and get a copy of this book. It's a miracle book, like no any other (it is not about positive thinking or anything similar, the book takes a completly different approach). If someone told me that a paperbook can set me free, I would not believe it either. But I've read it and I know it for a fact.

Please read this book, you'll thank me later!

Here is a little trailer of what The Work is about:

MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 02/28/2016 7:09 am

I'm familiar with her work and I've seen some of her videos (although in fairness I haven't read her book), but it is basically a spin on positive thinking.To be honest, I think what she is talking about is bordering on self delusion. It might work for some, but I suspect it would be quite damaging in the long run.

MemberMember
(@kawecki)

Posted : 02/28/2016 7:49 am

It's not a spin on positive thinking. It's about inquiring the reality as opposed to believing in what you think the reality is. This is a huge difference.

It's a big claim but I am positive that if everyone read it, there would no need of psychologists, and prescriped drugs. And I agree that unless you actually do this stuff you are not going to believe how amazingly it works.

And I am sure you'll find plenty of material on the Internet, you don't even need to buy the book.

MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 02/29/2016 4:49 pm

On 28 February 2016 at 0:49 PM, kawecki said:

It's about inquiring the reality as opposed to believing in what you think the reality is.

To what end? Perhaps it could be better described as "avoiding negative thinking", but that really is just another spin on positive thinking. There's nothing wrong with that, but why not call a spade a spade?

MemberMember
(@kawecki)

Posted : 02/29/2016 5:50 pm

Well, let's take a statement as an example: I should be taller.

What's negetive about this? It by itself it no negative at all, unless of course someone believes he should be taller. It is the thought about someting that brings stress and anxiety not the fact itself. Do the work, ask yourself the 4 questions and find out whether or not the thought was true. That's all there is to it.

MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 03/01/2016 4:03 pm

22 hours ago, kawecki said:

Well, let's take a statement as an example: I should be taller.

The negativity is implied in the statement (specifically the word "should" suggests some sort of perceived deficiency). A neutral statement would read "i could be taller".

Regardless of this, I understand her methodology, what I dispute is your assertion that it isn't related to positive thinking and takes a completely different approach.