Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl peroxide acne worst?

MemberMember
(@lmyxo)

Posted : 02/21/2016 3:07 am

Uh hi it's pretty late as I write this, my acne has been bugging me a lot this year and I sadly don't know what to do. I've taken birthcontrol pills, antibiotics and many other things. Benzoyl peroxide 5% is my final treatment I've been using it for a week or two now and I feel like it's not helping. My right cheek was really clear I had this one spot so I applied it now that entire area is full with cysts and that one pimple is still there. I have forehead, t zone, cheeks and chin acne. My cheeks and chin are full of cysts and my forhead is mostly small pimples and scars. BP makes my skin burn like crazy at times, and also I noticed spots on my face? I don't really go out a lot so it's not from the sun. I've read many reviews saying it makes you age etc.. I'm starting to notice lines under my eyes and I'm stressing out wether I should continue using it or not.

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 02/22/2016 6:31 pm

If you're wanting to try a different topical have a look at epiologyskincare. It targets bacteria but calms and moisturisesthe skin and is very gentle.

lmyxo liked
MemberMember
(@lmyxo)

Posted : 02/23/2016 7:50 pm

On 2/21/2016 at 9:05 AM, AcneTeen2015 said:

I would suggest you stop using that product immediately. I was using 10% BP and my skin has never looked worse!

I don't what else to do my acne is horrible.

MemberMember
(@convinceme)

Posted : 02/23/2016 8:30 pm

36 minutes ago, lmyxo said:
On 21/02/2016 at 0:05 AM, AcneTeen2015 said:

I would suggest you stop using that product immediately. I was using 10% BP and my skin has never looked worse!

I don't what else to do my acne is horrible.

Hi there, don't be taken in by this BP nonsense. It obviously only works for people with skin that has the barrier of adamantium (that stuff Wolverine's claws are made of). This chemical is so widely touted as the save-all, cure-all because of marketing. Nothing else, successful marketing. If it burns for a prolonged period of time (every time you apply it), I say stop. I was like you many years ago, taken in by all these marketing gimmicks and bought BP at varying percentages. They did nothing -- correction -- they made things worse because the spots where I applied the cream became more inflamed. They only became better when I stopped. Now, I'm not saying that BP doesn't work but my guess is it is only suitable for people with (very) mild acne. Not for people with moderate, sever or cystic acne. Just stop for your own good. You will love yourself for it.

lmyxo liked
MemberMember
(@lmyxo)

Posted : 02/23/2016 11:04 pm

2 hours ago, Convinceme said:
Hi there, don't be taken in by this BP nonsense. It obviously only works for people with skin that has the barrier of adamantium (that stuff Wolverine's claws are made of). This chemical is so widely touted as the save-all, cure-all because of marketing. Nothing else, successful marketing. If it burns for a prolonged period of time (every time you apply it), I say stop. I was like you many years ago, taken in by all these marketing gimmicks and bought BP at varying percentages. They did nothing -- correction -- they made things worse because the spots where I applied the cream became more inflamed. They only became better when I stopped. Now, I'm not saying that BP doesn't work but my guess is it is only suitable for people with (very) mild acne. Not for people with moderate, sever or cystic acne. Just stop for your own good. You will love yourself for it.

Okay I will thank you. My family has noticed my chin, cheeks and forehead has gotten darker which is so embarrassing and it makes me sad. And yeah it does make my acne inflamed like I said I had this pimple for weeks now and BP caused so many whiteheads around it. The head recently fell off and I noticed a hole in my face actually many places tbh. I just really don't know what to do anymore I've used so many things. I decided to do homeschool this year because my ex friends were talking crap about my acne. Have you experienced skin peeling because my entire forehead, chin and cheeks is peeling and it's greyish I'm guessing it's dead skin do you know what I could do to stop it? Im using this cream rn E Fruit of the earth Vitamin E. (Sorry this is so long)

MemberMember
(@aleksi)

Posted : 02/25/2016 3:13 pm

i am maybe late with my answer but i used the 5 % benzoyl peroxide and it didn't work well for me, even i read that it will be good to avoid the 5 % benzoyl peroxide this is why i am starting with the 2.5 . also the 5 % just like your situation maked me new whiteheads on my chin and cheeks but wasn't cystic (sorry for my english) also eat more vegetables and fruit and hooney it definetely help if you stop the chocolate that will help even more .

lmyxo liked
MemberMember
(@lmyxo)

Posted : 03/13/2016 11:43 pm

On February 24, 2016 at 1:13 PM, aleksi said:

i am maybe late with my answer but i used the 5 % benzoyl peroxide and it didn't work well for me, even i read that it will be good to avoid the 5 % benzoyl peroxide this is why i am starting with the 2.5 . also the 5 % just like your situation maked me new whiteheads on my chin and cheeks but wasn't cystic (sorry for my english) also eat more vegetables and fruit and hooney it definetely help if you stop the chocolate that will help even more .

I'm guessing my reply is really late lol but yeah I'm done using benzoyl peroxide it made my acne so bad. So I switched to these pills (antibiotics) I'm praying it works. The thing is I'm eating really healthy and I drink tons of water I don't know why my acne is so bad it's making me depressed. And aha no worries your English is okay

MemberMember
(@elefc)

Posted : 03/28/2016 4:38 am

Have u tried the regimen?
I had really bad inflammatory acne and it was the only thing that helped- took a month to see the difference!
Made my skin clear!
And if u buy it make sure u use it as supposed to 🙂

lmyxo liked