Notifications
Clear all

Please what kind of acne is this? Has any2 had it this bad?

MemberMember
(@istu)

Posted : 02/20/2016 4:48 am

Please who can tell me what kind of acne this is? I really feel as a f mine is the worst ever combining with my scare oily face, I feel so uncomfortable coming out in public, haven't gone to collage for two days now cuz of the way ppl stare @ my warzone face, I've been feeling so messed up and depressed cuz of this shit face. I have attached pictures pls I need to get sincere comments on how they look?

IMG_20160220_001112_1.jpg

IMG_20160216_134830_1.jpg

MemberMember
(@deadlykiller)

Posted : 02/20/2016 7:40 am

Hey bro i feel and understand what you going through. I had worst than you, so yours will go away too. Try switching your diet: cut on cheese, milk, less pizza and fast food for like 2 to 4 weeks and see what happen. if that does not work it might be due to hormonal imbalance: stress or to much sex. If that does not work go onisotretinoin (accutane)!!! it defenetly will help you a lot.
One advice dont pick or scrub you face and never put any harsh product on it.
you dont have any discoloration from what i can see, so when it goes away you might just get lucky with few acne scar and no uneven skin tone.

You can have a look at my uploaded picture. I started having very bad acne 5 years ago, manage to control it to a point. However, I'm left disfigured with scar and uneven skin tone. So the next step for me is scar removal and acceptance.

cheers bro and sorry for the long reply.

Istu liked
MemberMember
(@jenguard82)

Posted : 02/20/2016 7:42 am

It looks like it might be cystic acne. Have you been to the dermatologist about it? What are you using to treat it? I would seek help if it's bothering you. In my personal opinion, I don't think your skin looks bad. Hold your head up high and remember your skin doesn't define you. If people are teasing or staring it's only because they have their own insecurities that they are dealing with. I wish you the best of luck!

Istu liked
MemberMember
(@wittysock)

Posted : 02/20/2016 1:14 pm

I'd agree that it looks like it could be cystic acne. Its apparently more common in men. You don't seem to have a lot of discolouration or indented scarring, which is really good. Because it does look like its probably cystic acne, I think you need to see a doctor or dermatologist to get prescription medications rather than wasting too much time on things from a drug store or changing your diet / lifestyle etc. Its just the hardest type to treat unfortunately (I have this type too). My advice would be to see a doctor or derm if you haven't already and get on a medication. It's tough to do but try to be open with your doctor about how much it is affecting you (like not going in to college), because it will encourage them to be more aggressive with treatment (if that's what you want).
In the meantime, please know that yours is definitely not the worst out there! You can also get some oil blotting papers to help oiliness throughout the day - they are small and discreet, you can just stick them in your pocket / wallet and they're not girly scented or anything.
Good luck!
ps. I kinda feel the need to address the sex / masturbation thing. This is a weird myth that has been debunked many times, and seems to be most prevalent in more religious countries. It's this crazy thing that is making people (especially aimed at teenagers) feel shame for having sexual feelings. The only ONLY link I can see is that if you're getting hot and sweaty when having sex (hopefully you all are ;) ) then warmth and moisture makes a good breeding ground for bacteria. But then if that were the cause I can think of other areas of the body that would surely be suffering more than the face! So maybe just take a quick shower once you're done and get on with your life. Ok, little rant over.

Istu liked
MemberMember
(@istu)

Posted : 02/20/2016 1:32 pm

5 hours ago, deadlykiller said:

Hey bro i feel and understand what you going through. I had worst than you, so yours will go away too. Try switching your diet: cut on cheese, milk, less pizza and fast food for like 2 to 4 weeks and see what happen. if that does not work it might be due to hormonal imbalance: stress or to much sex. If that does not work go onisotretinoin (accutane)!!! it defenetly will help you a lot.
One advice dont pick or scrub you face and never put any harsh product on it.
you dont have any discoloration from what i can see, so when it goes away you might just get lucky with few acne scar and no uneven skin tone.

You can have a look at my uploaded picture. I started having very bad acne 5 years ago, manage to control it to a point. However, I'm left disfigured with scar and uneven skin tone. So the next step for me is scar removal and acceptance.

cheers bro and sorry for the long reply.

thanx bro I really appreciate , I eat really healthy, don't eat junk food n all , have sex just twice a month masturbate twice a week, I noticed that when I masturbate I get breakouts so I limited to once a week, I can't go on accutane n antibiotics cuz I'm on prednisolone , so I'm pretty much fucked I use I use dapsone gel though and cleanser