Notifications
Clear all

FINALLY FOUND A CURE FOR CYSTIC ACNE

MemberMember
(@dandypancakes)

Posted : 02/18/2016 9:22 am

Just thought I'd share the amazing experience I had through using zinc oxide 40%(more specifically: burts bees baby bee diaper rash ointment). A little back story, I'm a 24 year old who never really had issues with acne until my Mirena iud birth control made me get horrible acne on my forehead. They were mostly closed comedones but there was one huge cystic pimple. I, of course, tried to pop it numerous times only to make it worse. Eventually it flatten and I was left with a scar(which hydroquinone has slowly but surely helped significantly reduce. I've been using nadinola extra strength formula). I never really got to the root issue of my acne and this month I've been on a quest to figure things out. I successfully got rid of the bunch of closed comedones by steaming my face, piercing them with a diabetic lancet(33mm), using an extractor to get the gunk out, then putting tea tree oil on them. I was left with red marks which I used aspirin, facial masks, peels on but they didn't seem to be going away and then on top of that I got another cyst. After going through the horrible experience with my first cyst I decided to do research and zinc oxide(diaper cream) came up. I went and bought the burts bees one because of the natural ingredients. The first night(out of inpatience and stupidity) I mixed it with a glycolic peel, salicylic acid and a ton of other stuff and of course burned my skin and woke up to even worse red marks the only plus was that my cyst had gone done about 50%. Last night I mixed only essential oils, my aveeno moisturizer, the burts bees diaper rash ointment, and a little extra vitamin e and woke up with the red marks significantly diminished and the cyst completely flattened(in TWO DAYS!!!). However I noticed that it doesn't really work on small whiteheads. Still on the search for what will eradicate those quickly. Hopefully I'll be able to find that out soon and update this.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 02/18/2016 12:53 pm

Zinc is a natural anti-inflammatory so is great for acne. I've never tried zinc oxide ointment but you may want to double-check the ingredients list, make sure the inactive ingredients aren't going to clog pores. If not, then sounds like you may have found a good inexpensive treatment!

MemberMember
(@sadacnechick)

Posted : 03/11/2016 1:49 pm

Was the consistancy of the burts bees diaper rash cream thick? And did you sleep with it on overnight? Because I have zinc oxide but it's only 12.5% and it's SUPER thick (the brand is called Triple Paste)