Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I finished accutane 10 months ago. I was on 10 mg/day for 6 months. My acne was mild and only on my face. After the course, I was still breaking out a little and I didn't know why. My regimen during the first half of the course was spectro jel or cetaphil, but the last 3 months, I gave up on any products because everytime I put products on my face, I get new pimples. The only thing I was using is water and shaving cream every 2 days.

It's been a year since I started the water regimen and I can say that this is the best thing I've done for my skin + I don't have to care about my face every nights and mornings. My complexion is a lot better than when I was using products everyday on my face and I just feel better in my own skin. The only down side is that I was still breaking out a little, and it was always the day after I shaved. The main problem was with my technique. I was always getting ingrown hair because I was shaving against the grain. After I started shaving with the grain, I didn't get any pimples and my complexion was x100 better. If I do get a small ingrown from time to time, I just dab some tactuo and leave it for the night.

This is how I stay clear. Water regimen + shaving with the grain saved my skin... and accutane of course. The shaving cream I use is called Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal and my skin loves it. It leaves my skin smooth and moisturized. This is the only shaving cream I use for my face and my private parts.

I still have some minimal redness from old pimples but I don't really care... everyone's skin is not perfect and that's just life. I just wanted to share my ''skin care'' to help people out and I would love to hear about how you guys manage to stay clear and maybe share some tricks! Btw, sorry if my english is not perfect, I'm from Quebec and I mainly speak french, voilà! :)

Edited by Guest

Hi nick. Thank you verry much about your post. I am also many acne, it is bad. How often do you wash your face a day. Thank you

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎09 at 11:59 PM, lucifer239 said:

Hi nick. Thank you verry much about your post. I am also many acne, it is bad. How often do you wash your face a day. Thank you

Hey! I just wash my face in the shower with warm water once a day, I don't put any product on my face. When I shave, I use an electric shaver. Hope this help you! Good luck :)

3 hours ago, 51WithSkin said:

Thanks for your post. Are there any drawbacks from using accutane?

Hi! My skin is still a little dry, mostly on my cheeks, and I'm almost 2 years post accutane. I get flaky skin there from time to time. So I just remove them with a washcloth. Other than that, I have no problem after accutane. I didn't take a high dose, only 10 mg for 6 months.