Notifications
Clear all

cyst on 4 and a half months. time to give up?

MemberMember
(@ihateacne33)

Posted : 02/15/2016 11:13 am

for about a month on accutane I've been completely clear, I even had my derm tell me that my skin looks wonderful. but recently I was checking my skin and felt a bump underneath it, it doesn't hurt but I know there's something there. it's not like the usual huge, red nodule I got before, but it seems deep and it's clearly acne.

should I give up on accutane? I was really happy and hopeful, see my face clear up and leave nothing but a few comedones and red marks for a month. now all my happiness and hope has gone away. I don't know whether I should stick to this, or accept the fact I'll have a disfigured face for life . if accutane won't cure my acne, what will?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 02/15/2016 11:17 am

You should really ask your derm about the cyst. If it is not going away, she might need to physically remove it. Some cysts last for years depending on what kind it is. So it is best to check with them to make sure.

MemberMember
(@ihateacne33)

Posted : 02/18/2016 9:20 am

I'm starting to think this isn't really a cyst... I'm probably just poking at a bone on my face? it's been a few days and I feel no pain , no swelling, no redness... I think I'm just overly paranoid about acne.

I'm starting to think this isn't really a cyst... I'm probably just poking at a bone on my face? it's been a few days and I feel no pain , no swelling, no redness... I think I'm just overly paranoid about acne.

-John- liked
MemberMember
(@stephen23)

Posted : 02/18/2016 6:12 pm

Regardless of what it is, I wouldn't let one cyst4.5 months into your treatment dissuade you from finishing your course. If anything, stopping right now would just make things worse. Finish your course. Lots of people still get a few zits into their 4th and 5th months