Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On 10/24/2016 at 0:57 PM, katy22 said:
Omg it sucks because I always thought i'd be completely pimple free by this time. But i guess it's normal to breakout once in a while.

I honestly forgot what pack I'm on but I've been breaking out lately. I'm not gonna lie I've had pretty good skin until now. Like, almost completely clear. I recently switched to cyestra35 which is the other generic version so that might be bad for my skin but i really doubt it. I think I'm just paranoid. I recently started taking Lysine supplements and as soon as I did that, I started getting pimples. So that might be the cause. I'm about 2 weeks into this pack. 

i had like one pimple and i was freaking out. once you have acne, you can never have perfect skin without fear. if i get one pimple i freak out and think my acne is coming back. Im with you, birth control has transformed my skin.

My skin has been fine lately, but I do still get breakouts, they just go away pretty fast. I'm about to be on my period week (i forgot which pack I'm on but it's been almost 9 months). I also still have bumps underneath the skin and they're colorless but maybe I just need to exfoliate. I'm just scared to because I don't know of any exfoliators that don't break you out. IMG_9173.JPGIMG_9177.JPG

Hi I have started Diane 35 a week ago. And i had started spiro for pcos and high testosterone (acne) and I’m still waiting to see some changes in my skin

i had an initial break out on the spiro and now after starting Diane 35 I’ve noticed I’m getting more acne on my skin 

I am so frustrated I had to start Diane 35 because my periods were irregular due to spiro 

may I know how long did it take to see progress with Diane ? 

How many months ? I don’t mind waiting. But I just want the Initial to break out to happen Again!! Because I’ve already experienced one on spiro 

THE MOST LIKELY REASON THAT THE PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD HAVE ACNE WHILE TAKING DIANNE IS THEY HAVE FUNGAL ACNE - NOT ORDINARY ACNE.

BIRTH CONTROL PILLS CAUSE FUNGAL ACNE - I suggest people STOP taking them if that is possible

Fungal acne is caused by taking antibiotics and some other meds, including birth control pills. You can get rid of the fungal acne by doing the following -

1. Buy clotrimazole antifungal cream and apply it to the affected areas 2-3 times a day.

2. Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo.

3. Do NOT apply any moisturisers or organic oils to the affected areas.

If you get back to me with answers to the questions below, I can provide targeted information for your situation..

Have you taken antibiotics or other meds. If you have taken antibiotics, which ones ?

Do you have one or more of the following - white coating on your tongue, dandruff, flaking skin, toenail fungus, itchy and/or painful skin, red rash/es, unexplained tiredness, headaches, brain fog", stomach or gut problems, sinus problems.

Dermatologists, and doctors generally, know nothing about fungal acne and similar fungal skin conditions. They will likely prescribe antibiotics and/or steroids, which will make your skin problems worse and worse.

Feel free to get back to me if you have "acne" while on birth control pills or if your acne gets worse when you take birth control pill

On 6/13/2019 at 10:07 AM, Vall23 said:

Hi I have started Diane 35 a week ago. And i had started spiro for pcos and high testosterone (acne) and I’m still waiting to see some changes in my skin

i had an initial break out on the spiro and now after starting Diane 35 I’ve noticed I’m getting more acne on my skin 

I am so frustrated I had to start Diane 35 because my periods were irregular due to spiro 

may I know how long did it take to see progress with Diane ? 

How many months ? I don’t mind waiting. But I just want the Initial to break out to happen Again!! Because I’ve already experienced one on spiro 

I think it took around 2-3 months to see progress. By 6 months it was halfway clear (the clearest it’s ever been at that point)