Notifications
Clear all

Diane 35 log

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 02/14/2016 3:11 pm

Day 3:
I've never done a log before but I want to have a place where I can actually compare improvement instead of just get annoyed or whatever.
I just took my third diane 35 pill and I know it might seem crazy to get an initial breakout so fast but my cheeks have been full of pimples since I started. Also, the first night, I didn't take with a big meal and I woke up at 4am to vomit. The sickness got a little better and I haven't thrown up since.

MemberMember
(@fade95)

Posted : 02/15/2016 8:34 am

I also got an initial breakout like the 4th day. Nothing crazy!

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 02/15/2016 4:06 pm

7 hours ago, fade95 said:

I also got an initial breakout like the 4th day. Nothing crazy!

True, I'm trying a few masks to get rid of it. 🙂

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 02/16/2016 7:40 pm

Day 5: Holyyyyy I haven't had this many pimples for so long. I've been on tetracycline so I guess that kept MOST of the acne under the skin (but I was never fully clear) and now diane is bringing up so much acne in clusters. I haven't had a breakout like this since before the antibiotics. :( I'm so sad but whatever. I still feel so nauseous too ugh at least I'm not puking anymore. 

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 02/17/2016 7:23 pm

Day 6: Acne is still the same and I've gained legit 2 kilos overnight... I've always been small at 44 kilos and am now at 46.8!! The worst part is that it's all in my stomach making me look pregnant?! Wtf is this. I hope it goes away soon ugh.

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 02/19/2016 8:01 pm

Day 8: THIS MORNING SICKNESS IS THE WORST FEELING EVER. I literally can't do ANYTHING but lie down for 2 hours. I can't even get changed wtf. I tried gravol and sea bands and nothing works. And being on gravol 24/7 isnt good either. My breakouts are mostly gone but I think its because I went crazy with benzoyl peroxide. It left my face really red but that always happens. I'm at 47 kilos now which is better than 47.7 so I think maybe it stabilized but Im still really bloated because of this water weight.

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 02/24/2016 11:36 pm

Day 13: So my cheeks have never really been this clear... but I definitely know Im about to have a breakout because by the end of today i can see bumps forming. I have started eating dairy again and a lot of it, and Im weaning myself off of antibiotics so theres a lot of changes and Im not emotionally ready for the breakout that I know is gonna happen. Its probably going to be bad. My morning sickness is getting better every day though so thats good. I stopped checking my weight because at this point its not that important to me. Im skin and bones and I do need to put on some weight anyway.

So, the first two pics are gonna be of my skin on Sunday. The last two pics are gonna be of my skin today. 

IMG_7175.thumb.PNG.4483fa7cdf035eccef6dbIMG_7176.thumb.PNG.0b698f32a2a38226a9067

IMG_1252.thumb.jpeg.540451faf5b7546b51b1IMG_4242.thumb.jpeg.d7745f2ac740c145c954

I am only showing my cheeks because that is where most of acne is. Ive never really cared about any other place and right now its just about me clearing my cheeks. I think most of my clearing is because of my acne gel though... That's why my skin is so completely dry in the second set of photos compared to the first because dry skin comes with benzoyl peroxide. Idk though. also because of how dry my skin is, its been so so hard to put makeup on... Like before when I had tons of pimples, It actually took less time to cover them because the foundation went on smoothly. Now with dry skin its looking horrible. :(

fade95 liked
MemberMember
(@fade95)

Posted : 02/27/2016 2:59 am

Omg it's looking so much better. The redness is totally fading :o I know the struggle with crusted skin and foundation, it's terrible.. Goodluck <3

katy22 liked
MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 02/27/2016 5:58 pm

the redness was fading until about yesterday and I'm seeing it come back but its okay, I was expecting it :/ 

Day 16: So my cheeks are getting a few pimples in the same places they always do, so I think my intial breakout is starting from not only birth control but from decreasing my antibiotics. IMG_7868.thumb.jpeg.76bdc3183c86352cc10bIMG_5981.thumb.jpeg.ce150a90caa14bdfd4c9

it may be because I've been starting to eat dairy like crazy after being dairy free for 6 months (even though it did nothing for my acne)but honestly idec, I feel like I'm mentally happier because of eating what I want. The main thing that is really bothering me about diane is how much weight I've gained.. I look SO bloated. I went from 44/45 kilos to 48.5 and I'm a short person so that doesnt look good at all. and it's all in the stomach area. It really sucks. I've started to obsess over my weight. I really hope its water weight but it might not be.. 

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 03/19/2016 1:04 am

Ok so... Idk what day it is but I'm 8 pills into the second pack. I stopped my antibiotics and I think that's why most of my breakouts are happening. I'm getting pimples on my forehead which was usually Clear until now. My redness on my cheeks is really bad, but some of the bumps have gone away except for like a huge one. I ran out of my acne gel as well and so that's also why I might be breaking out. And the whole dairy thing, it's been a month since eating dairy again. I think that also has something to do with the redness. But at least makeup can cover most of it. 

For or my weight, it's 48 or 47.5 kilos. Not so much bloating anymore. My boobs are DEFINITELY bigger.image.jpegimage.jpeg

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 03/28/2016 11:11 pm

On March 23, 2016 at 1:04 AM, Chloe123 said:

Have you looked into rosacea andfolliculitis? Your skin doesnt really look like typical acne imo.

No I don't have those. I use harsh Benzoyl peroxide on my skin and it turns red when I do.

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 03/29/2016 7:49 pm

Pack 2 Pill 19

My breakout is horribleeee. On my cheeks it's gotten worse and more red. This time last month I was way more clear. IMG_0312.thumb.JPG.bfc397f534265ef6e9589IMG_0313.thumb.JPG.0bbe88988ad522620e4f5

My new phone's camera makes it look like a filter so it's gonna be hard to compare it to my old photos, but my cheeks are definitely breaking out. It might be because of birth control or it might be because it's been like a month since going off of antibiotics. 

MemberMember
(@wildflower12)

Posted : 03/31/2016 3:44 pm

when your taking diane 35 did you notices any changing in your acne straight away? Because when i took it before it took the pill a long time for me to notice anything. also did it help with your period cramps at all?

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 04/19/2016 8:14 pm

Diane 35 has made me gain 8lbs in 3 months and I am definetely hoping the weight is going to stop. I am also having a lot of nausea and just feeling sick and tired in general...
My acne is pretty good since I'm on it but.... I used to be on YAZ and it was just as good, but I was on it for 8 years and it wasn't helping my acne as much anymore so my doctor thought it would be good to switch because she thought my body was used to YAZ. I never felt bad on YAZ and had no weight gain!!!! I am thinking about going back to YAZ if it doesn't get better with Diane 35!

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 04/20/2016 2:56 pm

On March 31, 2016 at 4:44 PM, wildflower12 said:

when your taking diane 35 did you notices any changing in your acne straight away? Because when i took it before it took the pill a long time for me to notice anything. also did it help with your period cramps at all?

I noticed it broke me out right away, then cleared up and so on for a few months. Now on my third month it's kinda stabilizing. It definitely helped with my cramps and my heavy period, but it takes a few months.

18 hours ago, LadyPink said:

Diane 35 has made me gain 8lbs in 3 months and I am definetely hoping the weight is going to stop. I am also having a lot of nausea and just feeling sick and tired in general...
My acne is pretty good since I'm on it but.... I used to be on YAZ and it was just as good, but I was on it for 8 years and it wasn't helping my acne as much anymore so my doctor thought it would be good to switch because she thought my body was used to YAZ. I never felt bad on YAZ and had no weight gain!!!! I am thinking about going back to YAZ if it doesn't get better with Diane 35!

I know!! I used to be at 44kg and now 3 months later I'm at 50. It's insane. Literally like 10 pounds. I also noticed my ankles are swollen so maybe it's water retention? And maybe our bodies will get used to it. I hope this weight thing slows down

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 04/21/2016 8:03 pm

Seriously, it is so important to me to have beautiful, smooth skin ... but not worth feeling so sick trying to treat acne!
I called up my pharmacist and explained all my symptoms even after 3 months of use.
He advised me to contact my doctor ASAP and change my BC pill back to Yaz.
He told me it isn't normal to have ongoing symptoms for that long and as Diane 35 can cause health issues he wanted me off it.
If you have persistent headaches, nausea, vomitting, hot flashes, weight gain, swelling, breast tenderness etc...
Please contact your doctor and ask if it is normal. Let your pharmacist know... if symptoms get worse too!!!
Listen to your bodies ladies Xo

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 04/27/2016 10:24 pm

image.jpegI'm done my third pack today and I'm breaking out like crazy. image.jpeg

This is cheek isn't as bad but it's still not good.image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 04/30/2016 12:30 am

I'm on my second day without the pill (to get my period) at the end of the third pack. What. The. Heck. My forehead is breaking out and usually that spot stays clear. I'm seeing new pimples on my cheek every day.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 05/04/2016 10:01 pm

This is my first day of the fourth pack. My somewhat "clear" cheek is still okay but it's gotten more red and I'm starting to see new bumps forming. It sucks because it's been almost clear for about a month. My bad cheek, is getting better. The old pimples are definitely gone, and there's a new one near the outside of my face but it's ok. So far I haven't had both my cheeks be clear at the same time. image.jpeg
somewhat clear cheek that has new bumps forming.

image.jpeg
bad cheek that is finally clearing up.

also, my pores have been huge lately. 

Another thing, I didn't have any cramps this month but as soon as I posted this I had the most intense cramp. It's the last day of my period. 

fade95 liked
MemberMember
(@fade95)

Posted : 05/05/2016 2:41 am

Omg look at our skins. We've made such a progress!! Can't believe how little the red dots are

katy22 liked
MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 05/07/2016 11:41 pm

My fourth day on pack 4. Getting better slowly but my forehead is filling up with pimples. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 05/10/2016 10:43 pm

First week on pack 4 and it's pretty bad. 🙁 It doesn't look bad in photos because the bumps are still under the skin but I can feel them coming out. And a LOT of them. On my cheeks, forehead, nose. It sucks because I really thought it was getting better.

MemberMember
(@fade95)

Posted : 05/11/2016 1:45 am

Pimples under the skin are so frustrating.. I should delete my last comment. I guess we were too hopefull 🙁

MemberMember
(@chloe123)

Posted : 05/11/2016 7:08 am

You may not see it, but your skin looks SOOOOO much better than the beginning!!! Have you thought about changing to yasmin/yaz later on? Because i heard that doctors legally cant prescribe diane after a few years? + with the weight thing, i found that lifting weights and eating more protein somehow got rid of the water retention.

katy22 liked
MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 06/11/2016 3:08 pm

Really? Even in Canada that's a rule of Diane? I'm frustrated now because then I should've been on Yaz from the beginning. I don't wanna switch if it ever gets better! 

On May 11, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Chloe123 said:

You may not see it, but your skin looks SOOOOO much better than the beginning!!! Have you thought about changing to yasmin/yaz later on? Because i heard that doctors legally cant prescribe diane after a few years? + with the weight thing, i found that lifting weights and eating more protein somehow got rid of the water retention. 

Really? Even in Canada that's a rule of Diane? I'm frustrated now because then I should've been on Yaz from the beginning. I don't wanna switch if it ever gets better! 

Okay so for the past few weeks, my cheeks have been somewhat clear and almost never got pimples on them. Then my forehead started breaking out like never before. Now that my forehead is clear, my cheeks are going crazy... Nothing seems to help. It is my 4th month, 5th pack just about 2 weeks in. It doesn't seem like it will ever go away. image.jpegimage.jpeg
In photos it may not look as bad, but I know my skin and it sucks that my cheeks have been pretty clear until now. My entire nose is full of acne as well. As for the weight, it's slowly getting back to normal.