Notifications
Clear all

New To Dermaroller (Severe Acne Scars)

MemberMember
(@crest)

Posted : 02/14/2016 10:52 am

I have severe acne scars on face, going to try Dermaroller
I'm new to this and have some questions to ask.

1) Should I disinfect my face before start to roll?
2) If my face bleeding and the device stained with blood, should I continue to roll or clean the device first before roll other area?
3) What should I do to my face after rolling? rinse with water without touching?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@wishclearface)

Posted : 02/16/2016 3:09 am

My methods:
1) yes of course. But before that, I wash my face with gentle cleanser then let it dried. I then apply numbing cream on my face and cover it with cling wrap and wait for 660minutes.Then I start to clean it with alcohol.
2) cleaning a dermaroller can take some time. I don't clean it till the session ends. But it's even better if you can prepare more than 2 dermarollers if you really need it. So you just replace your dermaroller with the clean one and clean them later. When dermaroller is stained with blood. It can effectively be cleaned by putting it in water with some dishwash detergent in it and let it for a night. Once the stained blood on Dermsroller becomes white then clean it in flowing water. After it is clean, put it in alcohol. Alcohol won't dissolve blood but it can disinfect dermaroller.
3) I let it for 3 hours or more till tiny dots on my face recovered itself and blood on it is real dried. I wash my face with gentle soap.

MemberMember
(@crest)

Posted : 02/17/2016 8:05 am

On 2/16/2016 at 4:09 PM, wishclearface said:

My methods:
1) yes of course. But before that, I wash my face with gentle cleanser then let it dried. I then apply numbing cream on my face and cover it with cling wrap and wait for 660minutes.Then I start to clean it with alcohol.
2) cleaning a dermaroller can take some time. I don't clean it till the session ends. But it's even better if you can prepare more than 2 dermarollers if you really need it. So you just replace your dermaroller with the clean one and clean them later. When dermaroller is stained with blood. It can effectively be cleaned by putting it in water with some dishwash detergent in it and let it for a night. Once the stained blood on Dermsroller becomes white then clean it in flowing water. After it is clean, put it in alcohol. Alcohol won't dissolve blood but it can disinfect dermaroller.
3) I let it for 3 hours or more till tiny dots on my face recovered itself and blood on it is real dried. I wash my face with gentle soap.

Thx for the inputs, you're helping me so much
1) What alcohol are you using to disinfect dermaroller? because I'm having hard time to find ethanol in my country.
Ethyl rubbing alcohol or Isopropyl rubbing alcohol?

2) What alcohol you use to clean your skin before derma rolling?
Same alcohol as the alcohol used to disinfect dermaroller?

MemberMember
(@amyr33d)

Posted : 02/17/2016 8:36 am

I recently purchased a dermaroller. The first time I tried it was so painful that I had to stop. I purchased some numbing cream (LMX) and tried again. There was quite a bit of blood but I think that's normal. I had a bowl of boiling water that I rinsed the roller off in afterwards. I then disinfect it by steaming it and rinsing it with boiling water. I've used it 4 times now (once every month) and never had any problems.

MemberMember
(@rahman93)

Posted : 02/18/2016 11:01 am

On 2/17/2016 at 8:05 PM, Crest said:
Thx for the inputs, you're helping me so much
1) What alcohol are you using to disinfect dermaroller? because I'm having hard time to find ethanol in my country.
Ethyl rubbing alcohol or Isopropyl rubbing alcohol?

2) What alcohol you use to clean your skin before derma rolling?
Same alcohol as the alcohol used to disinfect dermaroller?

1) not sure what kind of it. It's 95% alcohol for antiseptic. But I think higher than that would be better.
2) yes. I used the same alcohol to do both cleaning face and disinfecting the roller.
To sum up my experience using dermaroller on my scars. I'm not sure for the improvement. I have used dermaroller multiple times actually. But at the beginning, was using it not skilled enough and didn't use numbing cream. I noticed I was doing well the last time I dermarollered my face. I put numbing cream and it was much less painful so I could make my face so bloody. Next time I will do better. The cling wrap to cover face after applied some numbing cream should not be put off altogether. Put off only the part you'll roll. And put off another part when you're ready. So the effect of numbness the part that is still covered by cling wrap can stand longer and stronger. I hope I can see improvement in a few months forward.

On 2/17/2016 at 8:36 PM, Amyr33d said:

I recently purchased a dermaroller. The first time I tried it was so painful that I had to stop. I purchased some numbing cream (LMX) and tried again. There was quite a bit of blood but I think that's normal. I had a bowl of boiling water that I rinsed the roller off in afterwards. I then disinfect it by steaming it and rinsing it with boiling water. I've used it 4 times now (once every month) and never had any problems.

I agree on using the numbing cream when we're going to roll our face. Not only it can hide the pain, but it helps us to roll effectively. If you bleed a bit, I'm telling you that my face was covered by blood. I think we may have different approach which is good for our own. I have crates on both my checks and temples which are deep and a lot so if there's no much blood, I don't think I have punched the needles deep enough to make trauma in my scars.

MemberMember
(@amyr33d)

Posted : 02/19/2016 3:51 am

What size needle do you use? Mine is a 1mm but I think maybe to see better results I should try a longer needle. I read somewhere that using needles 1.5 or over should be done by a professional as you can damage the skin. So only purchased the 1mm. I don't like to be too rough when I roll but I will go over the Same area several times in different directions. Afterwards my face looks very red and inflamed but by the next morning it has normally gone down considerably.

MemberMember
(@nope-avi)

Posted : 02/19/2016 4:16 am

Please go to Owndoc.com and read everything there. There is simply too much misinformation here and elsewhere.