Notifications
Clear all

3Rd week of acne.org regimen

MemberMember
(@ghata)

Posted : 02/13/2016 6:41 am

Hi everyone,

Iam on 3rd week of acne.org regimen. My skin has became very dry and super flaky. Also my complexion has became very dark....its brown :(..please suggest should I discontinue it..I have seen many videos and read reviews everyone mention that skin dries out crazily. That should be fine but I don't like changing of complexion.. Which is very noticeable.. Is anybody facing same problem of skin darkening????

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 02/13/2016 10:26 am

Sorry you're experiencing this but unfortunately this is a common complaint when starting the Regimen. The good news is this is temporary for most people until their skin gets used to the treatment. After that your skin should resume its normal color and the treatment will start to feel more comfortable, usually after 4-6 weeks into treatment. So hang in there! :)

MemberMember
(@ghata)

Posted : 02/14/2016 4:30 am

Can I use gentle scrubs to exfoliate my skin?
Also is it compulsory to use 2pumps of BP after 5 weeks as well?

MemberMember
(@pumpkinseedz)

Posted : 02/15/2016 8:21 pm

On February 14, 2016 at 4:30 AM, Ghata said:

Can I use gentle scrubs to exfoliate my skin?
Also is it compulsory to use 2pumps of BP after 5 weeks as well?

Are you using a moisturizer with sunscreen when going outside? You should use a moisturizer with an spf of at least 15 when you are outside sunny or cloudy. Everyday.

Ghata liked
MemberMember
(@mastertest)

Posted : 02/15/2016 10:16 pm

ghata, I'm now on my 7th week of the regimen and i was in the same boat as you during my 4th and 5th week.. my skin was dark( you could see a line from the different shade on my face to my neck lol) and i was peeling like crazy and moisturizer didn't help at all i felt and looked worse than when i just had the acne, but quitting never crossed my mind because i knew it would be worth it. and week 6 my face started to become less flaky and now the moisturizer covers any flakes i do have, and at week 4 i use AHA, i highly suggest it!! it helps get rid or the flakiness, that with gentle..GENTLE rubbing of the skin while cleansing and GENTLE rubbing with the soft towel you use to dry should get rid of a lot of flakes! anyways hope you the best! i skill have a couple new pimples here and there but now when i do get some they clear up in about 3-4 days and hope to be 99% clear at 10 weeks!!

Ghata liked
MemberMember
(@ghata)

Posted : 02/16/2016 2:30 pm

Yes, I have started using Neutrogena sun block with spf50. I am having moderate acne but it get worse during winters. I am not sure about others but I thought to give a try using scrubs and my i am now free of flaky skin for time being. Still not sure to use 2 pumps of BP. 1 full pump of BP is working fine for me now. My acne blemishes have faded upto 70% in 3rd week itself and to my surprize the after pits caused from those big red acnes are not much visible on my skin. My skin is looking very clear and even 🙂

MemberMember
(@briana-onoh)

Posted : 03/16/2021 11:26 am

On 2/13/2016 at 11:41 AM, Ghata said:

Hi everyone,

Iam on 3rd week of acne.org regimen. My skin has became very dry and super flaky. Also my complexion has became very dark....its brown :(..please suggest should I discontinue it..I have seen many videos and read reviews everyone mention that skin dries out crazily. That should be fine but I don't like changing of complexion.. Which is very noticeable.. Is anybody facing same problem of skin darkening????

Same girl Im dark skin and my skin is darker but they emailed me and said its due to dryness so Im still contineuing it