Notifications
Clear all

Acne on chin

MemberMember
(@saturnine9)

Posted : 02/12/2016 11:15 am

Hi,

I'm new here and Im desperate for some advice. From being a teenager Ive always had acne back then it was small pimples on my forehead. I'm now 31 and it massive cysts on my chin. I've never gone a day in the last five year without a breakout on my chin. The only thing which stopped it was birth control however I began to get migraine so had to swap to the mirena coil. I've tried anti biotics, different prescribed topicals. I was sent to a dematologist and they said that it was 'not that bad' just wash properly.

I wash twice a day with a Salicylic acid based wash and use a probiotic moisturiser. I admit I do pick mostly out of sheer frustration due to the pressure I feel behind the lump. Although this isn't always the case.

I am so down about this my confidence is none existent. I cannot cover them with make up because it all sticks in the spot and makes it look worse. I'm very pale so the redness is very noticeable.

Please please help

I have a photo but it will not let me upload.

MemberMember
(@yaz0294)

Posted : 02/14/2016 9:45 am

I'm suffering with chin acne as well. Maybe someone can give some advice here. I'll be ordering the regimen soon God willing but I have some reservations because I was told that your skin gets addicted to these regimens and won't stop flaring up without it.

MemberMember
(@hernandezmaria)

Posted : 05/10/2016 1:46 pm

Girl, I feel your pain. I have the same problem. It is only my chin area. I have been on differin, clindaymycin topical etc. Nothing seems to help. My Derm said that BC will be the only thing that clears it up due to hormones. Maybe try Ortho-tri-cyclen-low. I am scared to take my pills due to the devil side effects of the pill. 🙁

MemberMember
(@dearemily)

Posted : 05/10/2016 3:46 pm

Hey!

I've had really bad hormonal acne for the past 6 months. It has caused scaring and just won't go away. I finally started a new routine and it has cleared up 75% of the way. I take ortho-tri-cylcen-low birth control and this has helped a little. The main thing that helped was my skin care routine. I don't "scrub" my face any more. When I wash my face, I barely touch and only use gentle face wash.

This is my routine: AM- Wash my face with an oil cleanser, put BP on my skin (the acne.org brand), moisturize with argon oil, the apply a sunscreen primer under my makeup.

PM- Wash all my makeup off with the oil cleanser, wash my face again to make sure it's clean ( I do this very gently barely touching my face), than I use Tretinoin Gel 1% ( i was prescribed this by my dr.), finally argon oil.

So I really am only using a few products mixed with the birth control. 🙂

-Emily

MemberMember
(@janice23)

Posted : 05/26/2016 9:19 am

Hi,

I know how exactkly how it feels. All my adulthood life I'm suffering from hormonal acne. I used to take bc yaz years ago and it gives me clear skin. I put off due to the side effects. And my acne came back. I started back on diance35 a week ago but my acne flare up with big red cystics bumps. I spoke to the pharmacists and he said give a time @ 3 - 6 months to let the pill to work. During these 7days, I had severe headache & insomia. (and I had to wait for 3-6 months for the pill to work).

I have decided to stop immediately due to the side effects. I have another way in treating my hormonal acne. I started to take more green smoothies & evening primrose & omega 6 & a clean diet. And use apple cider vinegar for cleansing. I do not want to fix my hormones using sythetic drugs but with natural food & supplements sources for healing & regulating purposes.

I hope & pray tht my acne will clear up soon.