Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo afte accutane?!! Please help

MemberMember
(@jj1414)

Posted : 02/11/2016 5:36 pm

Hey guys, so I finished my 2nd course of accutane about 2.5 months ago and in the last week I have noticed lots of small spots appearing on my chin and they seem to be spreading to my inner cheeks, of course I am freaking out that my acne is returning which I am really freaking out about.

My doctor prescribed me Epiduo but I am hesitant to use it! Im worried that I will break out loads using it!! What have your experiences been on it? Is it worth using?
Did anyone else experience post accutane breakouts at all? Im just completely defeated with this whole acne experience.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 02/11/2016 6:24 pm

I went on epiduo after my accutane course and it kept my face clear. It's very drying however, so be prepared, but ultimately it worked fine.

unfortunately the acne did return on my back and neck so epiduo wasnt really viable and am back onto accutane for a small course

MemberMember
(@jj1414)

Posted : 02/12/2016 8:25 am

Did epiduo cause almost like sores on your face after using it because it has on mine, I'm surprised its had this effect because Ihave been using Benzoyl Peroxide and previously haven't had irritation and sores from using it. I would have thought after being on accutane I wouldn't really get an initial breakout from using this cream but I think I am. Did you get an initial breakout on your face from using it?

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 02/12/2016 12:37 pm

Sores? Youre probably using too much. Youre meant to use a pea sized amount for the whole face - on their website they strongly advise that you don't spot treat.

i didnt have an initial breakout as i was already fairly clear from accutane and this was purely maintenance

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 02/12/2016 3:56 pm

I find that a pea sized amount (or sometimes a pea and a half) Epiduo is enough to cover my face.

MemberMember
(@jj1414)

Posted : 02/13/2016 8:03 am

yeah i think i might have over done it the first few times using it and made my face far too dry! thanks for the advice hopefully it works for me