Notifications
Clear all

Ice Pick Scar - Nose - Punch Excision (pics included)

MemberMember
(@unsure90)

Posted : 02/10/2016 1:41 pm

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 02/10/2016 6:38 pm

Maybe give TCA Cross a shot before getting it punched out? It might work beautifully and if not no harm done you can just follow your original plan. Good luck! Let us know. Check out the TCA Cross threads.

MemberMember
(@unsure90)

Posted : 02/11/2016 3:21 am

8 hours ago, Ommmmmm said:

Maybe give TCA Cross a shot before getting it punched out? It might work beautifully and if not no harm done you can just follow your original plan. Good luck! Let us know. Check out the TCA Cross threads.

Thanks for the reply.

I have considered TCA Cross but my dermatolgist said it would require a lot of sessions to see any improvements, if at all. From what I read on these forums TCA Cross is also not advisable on the nose area.

Just really in doubt if a punch is the right way to go!

MemberMember
(@andyc192)

Posted : 02/11/2016 10:47 am

I'm not being nasty but jesus christ is that it ? You wanna take a look around at others like me who are scarred all over the face. 50% from acne and 50% from damaged collagen, thin skin etc.

Most of us on this forum would die to have skin like yours.

I would rub bio oil on that every day and night .

freshman, Sonam@0892, qazaq12 and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@unsure90)

Posted : 02/11/2016 11:46 am

45 minutes ago, andyc192 said:

I'm not being nasty but jesus christ is that it ? You wanna take a look around at others like me who are scarred all over the face. 50% from acne and 50% from damaged collagen, thin skin etc.

Most of us on this forum would die to have skin like yours.

I would rub bio oil on that every day and night .

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

I am aware that my scarring is very minor compared to a lot of other people on this board. Nevertheless my skin used to be really bad and I have come a long way to achieve the skin I have today. I've had minor scarring on other areas of my face which has diminished over the years and is now virtually unnoticable. Please do take into account that I am currently 28years old.

I already have tried tons of creams but I am afraid nothing will actually fix an ice pick scar like this as the skin that was supposed to be there is just gone. In my book I have two options; being getting over it or having the excision done. Was hoping to fine some people here who have been in the same boat as I am in today and could share some insights.

All I can say to others out here is to not give up, accutane was a life saver for me and it killed off my acne and helped tremendously with minor scarring I had.

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 02/11/2016 6:43 pm

I've come across many examples of people having success with TCA Cross on the nose for scarred pores and small icepicks. Not sure if your icepick is a little too large though. I would post the question/photos on RealSelf and see if you can get Dr. Davin Lim's opinion. He has lots of experience with TCA Cross on the nose and rest of the face. I think he would be the one to know if it's possible or if punch excision is better. If you end up getting it excised you should resurface (scarabrasion) and/or microneedle the scar 2-3 months after to blend. If done within a critical window of a new scar it can help hide it better. Read Dr. Nelson Lee Novick answers on RealSelf - he talks about this often.

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 02/13/2016 11:44 am

Wow, this might be an answer to your question.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 03/09/2016 11:09 am

If you can afford it try punch excision, just be aware it comes with risk. I think someone on the board showed before and after pics and their scar look worse, but I've also seen near 100% improvement.

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 03/09/2016 8:30 pm

this guy davin lin is a genius in terms of treating acne scars
he is the best out there.

i agree with Ommmmm TCA cross are simply effective and cheap, tca peels are "overall" the best we have to treat acne scars because can be used for resurfacing and can be used to treat individual scars, but is a powerful shit so you need to be careful if you plan to use it on yourself by your own risk

MemberMember
(@guppy45)

Posted : 10/24/2017 8:54 am

I wonder if TCA CROSS closes off the pore or if the treated pore's oil glands can still get oil and sweat to the surface of the skin.

qazaq12 liked
MemberMember
(@qazaq12)

Posted : 11/22/2017 2:34 pm

Same issue, I know it's been a while but I would love to know if you tried anything.. Good question from guppy45, from the Dr. Linn's video seems like it's closed altogehter

MemberMember
(@witsend30)

Posted : 03/10/2018 3:59 pm

Do you have an update on how your surgery or treatment went?

MemberMember
(@jazzmin30)

Posted : 03/29/2019 7:26 pm

Does anyone know what i can do about this? I think those are Ice-pick scars but not sure. Allready had a laser treatment, no succes. Also an injection with hyaluron...

4D5B4C79-60FB-41BE-84A8-FD2332A0CCB1.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/30/2019 9:16 am

@Jazzmin30This is a old post, ... you have two nearby icepicks. If you tca cross at the same time they could join. They would have to be treated seperately. You may elect to do excision / punch excision here, and a tiny stitch, then some resurfacing with a laser.

You may dermastamp them at home if you wish.

MemberMember
(@cheekydon)

Posted : 04/19/2020 1:40 am

I have the same exact issue ice pick scar on nose bridge likeyours did you do the punch excision? I had prp done on that one little hole and was charged $3000 usd not a single difference. Same big gaping hole.

My next step is to ask for an excision do you have any result pictures I dont want to make my face worst because this hole already has me sooooo depressed.