Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
119wrestler

My Accutane log

ok, its November 16 now, 7:09 pm. im Gonna take my first pill right after i eat this apple pie. My derm , said thats its 40 mg and i should take it ONCE everyday, so i'm going to take it after dinner. When my lips get chapped, i will be using vaseline. In the mornings, i wash with my face with the CLean and Clear BP(10%) Continuous Control wash, and after that i put on a 15spf moisterizer by " PURPOSE." Around 5 pm, i get home from wrestling and wash my face with a mild facial wash. Then eat dinner,take accutane and shower. I usually shower with the C&C BP wash and when i get out, i put on some moisterizer that has aloe vera and vitamin e. Hope this will all clear me up.

About me : I never though my acne would get so bad that i would have to take accutane. I've always had consistent acne since my freshman year. I tried using Murad at first to clear it up, it didnt do anything. Then after that i tried using Proactiv, made my face.. a little better but it felt like shit using it. After all this, i went to the derm and she prescribed me some tazorac and some BP and it cleared up 95% and stayed that way, but i would still break out very little every now and then. Then in the summer i had a breakout that was bad and i went to the derm and she gave me some salycic acid. That burnt like hell, but it cleared me up to 90% and i would break out still, but very little. When i had a big breakout again i went to get Blu-Light, that worked almost INSTANTLY. I went in for the first treatment, and after 5 days , damm it looked so much better. I went on to get the treatment once a month for 2 more months, and the 4th time i was suppose to go, i stopped going bcause my face looked better and i thot it would clear. Now i hav broken out once again.... so now , as of today , i'm starting on accutane.

840pm

2nd day of accutane. This morning, i decided not to use the aloe vera/vitamin e mosturizer thing because my face looks more red from it.. and i didnt use the BP wash either. So now, im just gonna wash my face with a regular face wash and just take the accutane. Other than that, my face looks like worse than yesterday due to the redness. I feel a cyst comin up, its not red yet but i can feel the bump.dam .

My face looks so shitty, all these pimples between my eyebrows, and my cheeks are... UGH...gawd dam. I'm not sure if the accutane is starting to work on my lips, or if im just thinking it, but i feel my lips getting kind of dry, i mean they are moist and all but feel like it's all messed up like its not smooth(usually they are).

You are on the same dosage as I am... except I am on my 3rd pill. I know what you mean by the lip thing... mine aren't dry... but if I look at them in the mirror REAL close... I can see some little wrinkles in them that are never there...

I'm not using any lip/face moisture products yet... as I haven't even come close to being dry. However... they are on standby for when the time comes...

I may be in the same circumstance as you when it comes with physical activities... I box so its kind of in my mind what I will have to do in the coming month to make sure my face doesn't get scared fighting. I might have to take some time off...

I don't know if that is a concern to you... (I am assuming you wrestle) Funny thing is... I am 6'3 and 180lbs... I am assuming you are in a 119 weight class...

Here is another thing that could ultimately suck for us... I don't know if you have to... but I have to cut weight before a tournament... especially water weight. That means no food and little water for 2-3 days before... thats not going to fly well for accutane. so I am thinking of just taking some time off...

I wish you well...

(911pm now) ok man, i can feel my lips... getting chapped foreal haha, still moist but i can tell its cracked and if i lick it i can taste blood. Wtf, 2nd time takin pill.... is this just a coincidence??? and my lower back feels ... weird. Maybe this is all mental haha, but yea, i wrestle. It is horrible, 4 hours of wrestling practise, sweating for 4 straight hours, and having ur face constantly scraped/touched/hit by guys hands ... ahh its hell. i Can't take any time off, this is my year haha. Man, i hope this medicine doesnt ruin my season, i dont want this acne with me when the team goes on road trips.. last year was soo embarasing.. ahh.... Last year on salycic acid, we went on a road trip for wrestling for 3 days, and after eveyr match my face was PEELING like CRAZYY. my friend was like, your face looks fucked up man, so i was like.. wth.. and went into the bathroom looked at myself and... EWWWW !!! haha. peeling so i took a shirt to scrape all the peely stuff off...yea..

and holy shit.... i DO HAVE TO WEIGHT CUT!!! FUCK>>. about 10 pounds this season, ill try to cut off some Bodyfat , that would be better.. dammit, almost forgot i had to drink lots of water.... usually when im overweight by like 3 - 4 pounds before a tournament/dual, i wuld spit and piss out all i can and run with sweatsuits. haha. shocktarts work like no other when it comes to spitting, itll burn your tongue like hell though.

Yea man... I feel you. It sucks having to change your routines for this stuff. I am trying to find ways around it so I can keep on doing what I'm doing.

To cut weight... I usually run a HELL of a lot... than sit in the sauna... and I take salt pills.

I do the spitting thing too lol.gif Especially right before hopping on the scale.

This morning when I woke up I had a little ache in my lower back... but I just keep shrugging it off thinking its too early to see any side effects.

I hate getting cottonmouth when cutting weight... and only taking capfulls of water. lol.gif

But after you weigh in... you get to eat and drink like mad... eusa_dance.gif

630pm

i just took my... uh.. is it 3rd day of accutane?? haha.. yea i tihnk so.. finished my dinner also.. damm.. i got home around 6 because i had wrestling practise from 2 to 530 .... it was brutal, beacuse im out of shape. last year some practise would go all the way up to 630, but this is beginning of season so not so hard. Dam everytime i wrestle fuck, my face is always getting irritated in some way or another, feels like shit because it hurts so much. Now its like... red sort of. Looks like im getting a new pimple under my eyebrows, on the side of my right. Looks big... eh.... Dam. Gonna take a shower now before i get ringworm or something. Peace

oh btw, i weighed 118.3 this morning, then after practise weighed in at 116.2 .haha Now thats what i call intense ,burning 2000 calories an hour from wrestling. woooohooo . i love it

How tall are you? Damn man! You are so light! haha

I sparred some guy at 2pm today. He is 6'5. He got a decent shot AT MY THROAT. So after sparring, I took a shower and went straight to my evening classes... I couldn't even talk my throat was so sore.

Its all good now though...

My face still isn't dry at all... and I have a fight Saturday... so its looking good for me so far! eusa_whistle.gif

lol... 5'4....haha...

good luck this saturday though. Are you fighting in a tournament or something?? how do these boxing events work... like, are there brackets or sumthin? or are u just fighitng like 1 guy...

lol... 5'4....haha...

good luck this saturday though. Are you fighting in a tournament or something?? how do these boxing events work... like, are there brackets or sumthin? or are u just fighitng like 1 guy...

5'4!  :lol2:  Damn... I'm basically a foot taller than you bro!

This weekend is the semifinals... I beat out some guy from Jacksonville, FL two weeks ago... its basically bi-weekly.  Gives you a chance to heal up again, make changes... and prepare for the next guy.  So today was my last practice before Saturday... tomorrow I'm not doing anything... I'm cutting weight right now... I usually weigh about 180-185... and today I weighed in at 178 but I need to get down to 174 by Saturday at 11am. I'm only 4lbs off... thats really no big deal to me... I ate dinner tonight... I'll probably have a light lunch tomorrow and skip dinner... than after weigh in I'll eat. 

I paid $250 for this tournament... basically it all gets pooled together... you start out with 16 people... so you figure 16 people all throwing $250 in... thats about $4,000.  They take a little out of that just to pay for the events... than it gets split up between the top 3... plus you get some sweet trophies.

It's pretty neat though... we don't hate eachother... we are actually pretty close and strive to make eachother better.  No bad blood... and when its all said and done, we keep in touch.

this is my 4th day.. or 5th day takin accutane.. i forgot haha.

Side effects so far: woke up with a minor headache, upper back ached a little, dry lips... not as bad since im using vaseline.

My face looks bad right no, horrible, about 14 active pimples... yes... 4 cystic ones, and well, my left side looks ok but there is still ALOT of scarring there which makes it look bad, and the right side is infested with pimples. Forehead... between my eyebrows broke out, but its getting better now. Face is oily as hell. Hope most of this stuff dies down by tomorrow.. we'll see.

face is lookin better... alot of the active pimples on my face(cheeks, forehead) have gone down, LOTS of redmarks though...but i have broken out on my lower cheeks, both sides.. they kind of hurt. I started to put the Aloe vera/vitamin E cream on again... morning and day.

Sideeffects : LOTS OF DANDRUFF!!! and... i been drinkin more water than usuall, and it feels like.. i still need more water in me.. lol.

Im hopein this is my "initial breakout" under my lower cheeks, it looks bad but i dont really care about that part, and plus when u look at me face to face, u cant see it.

today must be day 8... and damm!! my face is like.. getting ALOT smoother, my face use to be soo rough, now its like alot smoother, still lower cheeks have broken out, but they are goin down.. dammm.. i love this, hope everything keeps getting better... but those stupid red marks make it look bad... shit.. i hate those stupid redmarks bcause my whole face is covered in them... eww..

other than that... im not really breakin out much nemore... forehead is clearing up...

DAM!!!! MY FACE IS LOOKIN A SHITLOAD BETTER!!!

the redmarks still suck ass though!!

but damm, i wish i had gone on accutane earlier...

wow, the breakout... i HOPE i had the breakout already, if that was it, it wasnt that bad . Yea, my skin was sooooo rough, with acne, now its like.... so much smoother. Hope everything keeps getting better. biggrin.gif