Notifications
Clear all

Aloe Vera PLEASE Help!!!!

MemberMember
(@jackiwoj)

Posted : 02/04/2016 11:29 am

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a very pure aloe vera gel that I can use for a moisturizer? I have literally tried EVERY moisturizer possible and I get clogged pores from everything. Even if the moisturizer has all ingredients with a 0 comedogenic rating I break out. I even just tried the Simple Gel Moisturizer and it clogged my pores. I've been using BP every day and it's been helping my acne tremendously, but the flaking skin looks awful. Please help!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 02/04/2016 8:02 pm

Instead of aloe vera, I'd highly recommend jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is 100% noncomedogenic and more than any other product, most closely resembles human sebum. It's the perfect stand-in moisturizer for people with sensitive skin! 🙂

MemberMember
(@rollercoaster)

Posted : 02/04/2016 8:04 pm

i think lily of the desert is good

MemberMember
(@chloe123)

Posted : 02/04/2016 8:09 pm

6 minutes ago, DeLovely said:

Instead of aloe vera, I'd highly recommend jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is 100% noncomedogenic and more than any other product, most closely resembles human sebum. It's the perfect stand-in moisturizer for people with sensitive skin! :)

I agree with this. Aloe Vera can actually be drying. 100% recommend the acne.org jojoba oil.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@jackiwoj)

Posted : 02/04/2016 10:16 pm

Thanks I'll try the jojoba!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 02/05/2016 8:24 pm

Jojoba oil is great however it does havea comedogenic rating of 2. Just wanted to clarify that

MemberMember
(@annie72402)

Posted : 02/06/2016 8:51 am

Aloe vera, not even the gel, the actual thing applied to my face caused me to breakout. I'm losing hope people, nothing is working anymore