Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ugk

Shaving with the regimen?

I'm reading Dan's regimen and I think I'll try it. But on his instructions, it talks about in the morning using your cleansing bar as lather and then shaving in the shower. I use an electric razor and naturally dont need to lather my face or shave in the shower. What should i do?

Sorry if this has been asked before, thanks for your time.

I'm reading Dan's regimen and I think I'll try it. But on his instructions, it talks about in the morning using your cleansing bar as lather and then shaving in the shower. I use an electric razor and naturally dont need to lather my face or shave in the shower. What should i do?

I don't switch on and off between straigth and electric based on a look, I have always used electric. I'm just wondering what i should do instead of what Dan says to do for a straight razor.

thanks in advance....

I have found that the Senor Excel in particular is the least irritating way to shave. I do not like electric shavers as they tend to irritate my skin. I would get on the regimen precisely until you are completely clear, which means the Sensor Excel and lather for shave cream. Once you are clear you can add in 1 variable at a time such as a new shaver.

I have found that the Senor Excel in particular is the least irritating way to shave.  I do not like electric shavers as they tend to irritate my skin.  I would get on the regimen precisely until you are completely clear, which means the Sensor Excel and lather for shave cream. Once you are clear you can add in 1 variable at a time such as a new shaver.

ugh. i really dont want to have to buy and use a manual razor. i'd hoped that there was something i could substitute..

Try a norelco reflex action plus razor with the lifters removed, so its just a cut instead of the "lift and cut" they advertise. I found this the least irritating and lessend the number of ingrowns.

You can buy the corded only model for about $30-40 in the US.

Hey man, I did Dan's Regimen for like 6 months and used an electric razor the whole time.  I still became really clear from it too.  All I did was splash my face with warm water and pat it dry.  Once my face was completely dry I would shave w/ my electric razor and then just follow the regimen as instructed - gentle cleanser, bp, moisturizer.  Try it like that and see what you think.

-d

alright dude,

been on reg like 5 months now (works great btw)

i basically wash by body in the shower get out and cleanse and shave in front of the mirror

It's good to shave before going to bed, if you get redneck effect. This was actually the idea brough forward by the King of Shaves founder.