Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rockytaco

Please help. I've tried seemingly everything, but it only gets worse.

I have always had some breakouts here and there over the course of my life, but recently my face has just been getting worse and worse, even with all of the prescription medicines and dermatologist visits. It stared to get really bad at the end of last year (2015).  Nothing really changed in my diet, so I'm guessing stress, hormones and a new climate had something to do with my new, more intense breakouts. I started my first year of college, which is stressful, and broke up with my girlfriend(also very stressful), and with me having social anxiety and being very self conscious, the worsening state of my acne only made me more stressed and anxious. Do you think this stress is a cause of the outbreaks?  I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but climate wise I moved from very dry Denver, CO to a more humid, but still dry Omaha, NE.  I have also heard that not getting enough sleep can make acne worse but I'm unsure if this is true.  But if it is a factor, then you should know that almost never get a good nights rest, and although rarely, do not even sleep at night. 

I have a process of using a face wash, cleansing pads, then an active serum in the morning, then at night I do the face wash, cleansing pads, and then I use tretinion cream. (I can give more info about what I use if needed) I also take minocycline twice a day.  I have been doing this for about 5 or 6 weeks, and it only seems to be getting worse.  I keep on getting new whiteheads and new large growths under my skin, which apparently is not supposed to be happening as the prescription medication is supposed to be killing all that away. I also change my pillow sheets every week, because I was told to do so by a "professional." Even with all of this, it really only seems to be getting worse.  Im tired of being told by professionals that this cream or this pill will work and get rid f your acne, but never does. Is there anything else I could do, whether it be lifestyle changes, diet changes, changes in my acne cleansing routine, or literally anything else, because I am willing to do anything to get this under control, because it is controlling me. I don't want people to see my face, so much so that if its bad enough in the morning ill just skip class because I'm so embarrassed.  I find it hard to look at myself in the mirror some days, so why would anybody else want to see it.  So if anyone has any advice for me, I would be very grateful for your insight on my situation. 

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes