Oily Skin and Accut...

Notifications
Clear all

Oily Skin and Accutane

MemberMember
(@viarech)

Posted : 02/01/2016 3:41 pm

Hey guys,

I am taking Accutane for my oily skin. I have tried everything under the sun, but with little results. I used to have solid mild acne with some bad breakouts on my back and head as well. Nowadays my acne is almost nonexistant - I am 34 years old male. I breakout with some ingrown hairs when i shave, but besides that I don't have any major issues. I have found little info on people on Accutane for oily skin. Some say that the skin went back to oily after the treatment was finished. I sure hope to remain dry or this would be counterproductive.

I have been taking 20mg per day - I have not seen any effects yet. My lips and skin are still the same. I am toward the end of my first week.
My Doc mentioned that she will keep me on a low dosage but for a longer period - maybe 7 months.

Any comments? Any success stories?

Thanks very much guys!!

MemberMember
(@vermilion)

Posted : 02/04/2016 2:16 am

Hi,

I am taking accutane as well. 40mg/day (see my profile for my accutane journey log). The side effects came in about 2 weeks into my treatment. From what my accutane nurse told me, the oily skin does come back, but at a reduced rate. The oily skin does come back for most what based on what I heard - usually within a week or two. I am 150 days or so into my treatment (should be done by summers end).

I also posted a thread about some drugs that currently in clinical trials that have shown some promise. However, we are probably quite a ways away from these drugs being available to the general public.

viarech liked