Skin looking oily a...

Notifications
Clear all

Skin looking oily and dark all day long

MemberMember
(@ajiteshch)

Posted : 01/31/2016 8:53 pm

I am on my second month of the acne.org regime. My skin peels a lot and I also use a generous amount of moisturizer. But due to the moisturizer my skin looks oily all day long, when I am at work or outside. The oil also attracts dirt and skin looks dark after a while. I try to keep the skin untouched and do nothing to get rid of the oil from my skin. Have others experienced the same and are there any tips to avoid this ? Please help!

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 02/04/2016 11:02 am

Are you using the acne.org moisturizer? I have to admit I do not use it too often because it gives my skin a yellow-er hue.

For the oily issue....I always take with me those paper oil control sheets. I try to blot my face twice or three times a day. This way I am getting rid of the oil without really touching my skin too much.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@mastertest)

Posted : 02/08/2016 11:12 am

I have the same problem-the darkening and oily look. Wouldnt the oil absorbing sheets also pick up the moisturizer while picking up the oil? Also my skin darkens with the use of 2pumps of dan's moisturizer, so tomorrow I'll use 1pumpAHA and 1pump moisturizer in the morning instead of in the evening and
do 2pumps moisturizer in the evening andsee how my skin looks through out the day!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 02/09/2016 11:12 am

23 hours ago, MasterTest said:

I have the same problem-the darkening and oily look. Wouldnt the oil absorbing sheets also pick up the moisturizer while picking up the oil? Also my skin darkens with the use of 2pumps of dan's moisturizer, so tomorrow I'll use 1pumpAHA and 1pump moisturizer in the morning instead of in the evening and
do 2pumps moisturizer in the evening andsee how my skin looks through out the day!

Technically the moisturizer is supposed to be absorbed into the skin. If that is a problem then try applying it one pump at a time. It absorbs faster that way.

Although I love the regimen, the moisturizer isn't my favorite. I use two different ones because they feel better on my skin. If you don't like it you can always switch it up.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@mastertest)

Posted : 02/09/2016 9:33 pm

So i used a 1pump of aha and 1pump of moisturizer and it made my skin color look much better thoughout the day then 2pumps of moisturizer. And i do use 1pump at a time, wait, and then apply the second pump of moisturizer and still my face looks oily and is sticky almost i hate it.. I already did my evening regimen and as i type this my face feels and looks oily and so gross. What moisturizer do you use instead of dan's? Because I'm done with this crappy moisturizer. Also i really really want one that wont make me break out or purge at all .. Sorry for so many questions but what do u think about me using 1pump moisturizer and 1pump AHA, in both the morning and evening?? Bc I love that combination and makes dan's moisturizer bareable

MemberMember
(@timm0)

Posted : 02/11/2016 7:52 am

Have you tried jojoba oil? It's quite similar to your skins natural oils, and it's hardly noticeable.

You could also try using AHA+ instead of moisturizer at night, and not moisturize in the morning.

I have not used moisturizer for 2 years while on the treatment and my skin's perfectly fine and has grown accustomed to not wearing it, apart from the AHA+ I apply at night.

I wouldn'tapply AHA+ twice, I tried it for a time and it actually made my acne worse, and irritated my skin alot. There's no point over exfoliating, once a day is more than enough.