Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZitsSuck21

I have honestly lost all hope..

I don't know where to go from here. I'm down to a handful of foods to eat. Deviate from that and I breakout. Can't eat dairy, gluten, most grains, dairy, raw dairy. Drink lots of bone broth and probiotic foods, my IBS C has improved with these but the rest of the problems remain. I can't build muscle, workouts break me out. Underweight because of the diet, face is sunken in. Most vitamins and minerals (zinc, vitamin d etc) all break me out. Every single spot, cyst, pustule leaves either a scar or red mark. The only products I use on my skin now are coconut oil (had a bad purge stage when using it topically and ingesting it, made me presume candida was the cause), manuka honey as spot/cyst treatment, started using vitamin e oil on scars a few days ago. I'm a young dude, I haven't left the house in three years without tinted moisturiser and concealer, my face is a minefield without them. Also have bad bacne and chest acne. Started taking evening primose yesterday, might go out and get vitamin a today, it never ends.. 

Have you tried accutane? What has your derm suggested?

That's no way to live, and it kills me to see people suffering so badly with this (myself included..) 

Just be careful.. It seems like you do a LOT and sometimes taking too many tablets/probiotics/vitamins can be awful, especially when combined with a plethora of skin products. (I often look at the sheer amount of people on the reparing accutane damage thread and just think that the majority of their problems are from taking hundreds of vitamins/pills).

one thing you should do is introduce one product at a time. You started primrose yesterday, so why start vitamin a today? If you break out or have a reaction you'll have no idea if it was the vitamin or primrose that caused it - introduce everything one at a time.

but please speak to your derm, let me know what they say

Hey thanks for the reply, comforting but sad to know that theres others suffering as badly as myself. Accutane is about the only thing I haven't tried, took Tetracyline and that caused my skin to become 100 times worse, and it caused all of the food intolerances and digestive problems. I usually do introduce things slowly and monitor reactions, they are just 2 supplements I don't think I've tried before. I'd honestly never be sad or depressed if I had a healthy body. Self restraint also isn't an issue, staying off alcohol, tasty foods etc is now the norm. I don't think any product or supplement (bar the probiotics/ fermented foods) has helped my skin, with redness scarring inflammation etc. Wish I was one of those people that could just take a course of accutane and suffer no more.

1 hour ago, ZitsSuck21 said:

I don't know where to go from here. I'm down to a handful of foods to eat. Deviate from that and I breakout. Can't eat dairy, gluten, most grains, dairy, raw dairy. Drink lots of bone broth and probiotic foods, my IBS C has improved with these but the rest of the problems remain. I can't build muscle, workouts break me out. Underweight because of the diet, face is sunken in. Most vitamins and minerals (zinc, vitamin d etc) all break me out. Every single spot, cyst, pustule leaves either a scar or red mark. The only products I use on my skin now are coconut oil (had a bad purge stage when using it topically and ingesting it, made me presume candida was the cause), manuka honey as spot/cyst treatment, started using vitamin e oil on scars a few days ago. I'm a young dude, I haven't left the house in three years without tinted moisturiser and concealer, my face is a minefield without them. Also have bad bacne and chest acne. Started taking evening primose yesterday, might go out and get vitamin a today, it never ends.. 

Coconut oil clogs pores. Try Olive or Jojoba instead. Have you tried acne.org regimen?

Hey, I'm kind of reluctant to use oils, Coconut oil doesn't break me out so I'll stick with it for a while, might try jojoba soon. No I don't use many topicals anymore, my issue is an internal issue. Thanks for the help

Yeah I wouldn't use oil at all.. I've heard all of these horror stories about oils - i dont trust them if you have severe acne.

hmm im sorry to here your going through all of this.. What has your derm said in particular? Are you 100% against accutane?

7 hours ago, Lore91 said:

Just be careful.. It seems like you do a LOT and sometimes taking too many tablets/probiotics/vitamins can be awful, especially when combined with a plethora of skin products. (I often look at the sheer amount of people on the reparing accutane damage thread and just think that the majority of their problems are from taking hundreds of vitamins/pills).

one thing you should do is introduce one product at a time. You started primrose yesterday, so why start vitamin a today? If you break out or have a reaction you'll have no idea if it was the vitamin or primrose that caused it - introduce everything one at a time.

I definitely agree with this. Most people will try and throw everything at the problem in the hopes that more = better. I'm glad you realize that the issue is internal. 

Since you've stated you had IBS and digestive troubles, have you looked into a Low-Fodmap diet to specifically help with that? Interestingly the LF also helps with inflammatory skin conditions. A thought for you, because it may be more structured and less restrictive but similar to what you're currently doing. 

Coconut oil is usually given a score of 4-5 comedogenicity rating, so while I don't consider it to be the culprit of your acne problems, it may not be helping. I sound like a broken record for recommending argan oil so much, but it has been given a score of '0' and has worked well for many friends I've told about it (OCM or as a moisturizer). 

No longer go to derms or doctors, they caused me more problems than being helpful. After my experience with tetralysal, I can't see myself ever trying accutane. Have heard of the LF diet, I'm more or less on the gaps/scd diet now, the only questionable thing I eat is sweet potatoes. Thanks for all the support during such a shiittty time.