Notifications
Clear all

Need help! Hypertrophic scars, atrophic scars, hyperpigmentation. The works

MemberMember
(@aightbet)

Posted : 01/25/2016 8:37 pm

Hey guys, haven't been on here in a while. I've had scarring for about two years now, but since I'm going off to college this fall, I want to do as much as I can to alleviate it in the meantime. Any suggestions for my hypertrophic scars (my biggest insecurity), atrophic scars (esp. on temples), and hyperpigmentation/skin tone in general? Thank you so  much!

edit:  My current regimen is the Acne.org regimen with the face wash, bp, lotion, and jojoba oil. I also supplement it their AHA+ thing at night

01 - X1Tv9DL.jpg

02 - wmnyejd.jpg

03 - RHing3X.jpg

04 - FpDY5dA.jpg

05 - OMFnmrG.jpg

06 - 0Sn8QcO.jpg

07 - j586QLV.jpg

08 - lMPw8FB.jpg

09 - 1BHbnM5.jpg

10 - So8LrY5.jpg

11 - km0Bc6O.jpg

12 - 6TQyxJi.jpg

13 - LoulFJL.jpg

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 01/25/2016 11:25 pm

hey bro

i do think that nothing in your regimen will help the scars itself
i would suggest you to buy a dermaroller/dermapen/single needles and use it to try improve your scars longterm
if u want faster results so id go for a professional help and seek for cortisone shots on the hypertrophic ones and subcision in your temple scars
i do think you can find eveyrthing you need regarding using dermaroller in home researching the forum
good luck bro

MemberMember
(@aightbet)

Posted : 01/25/2016 11:47 pm

21 minutes ago, alag35 said:

hey bro

i do think that nothing in your regimen will help the scars itself
i would suggest you to buy a dermaroller/dermapen/single needles and use it to try improve your scars longterm
if u want faster results so id go for a professional help and seek for cortisone shots on the hypertrophic ones and subcision in your temple scars
i do think you can find eveyrthing you need regarding using dermaroller in home researching the forum
good luck bro

Sounds good man! I had heard of dermaroller/cortisone shots, but I wanted to verify that these treatments would help me. I will definitely try these methods ASAP. Thank you for your kind suggestions!

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 01/26/2016 2:00 am

Cortisone injections for the raised scars. Subcision and suction for the rolling scars at the temples. If the cortisone injections alone are not flattening the hypertrophic scars, you can add 5-FU to the cortisone. Not every dermatologist is aware of this so you need to ask around to see who offers cortisone plus 5-FU injections for raised scarring. As far as what you can do at home, use silicone scar sheets on the raised scars. You can buy them at any drug store. Just buy the cheapest store brand ones because they all work the same.

All that said, the rest of your skin looks pretty good. For discoloration you can try hydroquinone bleaching cream and retin-A. Retin-A will also improve the general quality of your skin.

MemberMember
(@aightbet)

Posted : 01/26/2016 9:34 am

7 hours ago, blahblah82 said:

Cortisone injections for the raised scars. Subcision and suction for the rolling scars at the temples. If the cortisone injections alone are not flattening the hypertrophic scars, you can add 5-FU to the cortisone. Not every dermatologist is aware of this so you need to ask around to see who offers cortisone plus 5-FU injections for raised scarring. As far as what you can do at home, use silicone scar sheets on the raised scars. You can buy them at any drug store. Just buy the cheapest store brand ones because they all work the same.

All that said, the rest of your skin looks pretty good. For discoloration you can try hydroquinone bleaching cream and retin-A. Retin-A will also improve the general quality of your skin.

Wow, that is extremely helpful. Wish I had consulted this forum earlier!! Thank you so much, friend.

MemberMember
(@limd)

Posted : 10/25/2017 5:50 am

what is the best solution for these atrophic scars. after three sessions of fractional cor laser. i had this deep atrophic line. please help anyone?

right cheek-one week after 3rd eco2 trackmark forming deep indent lines after using retin a and change of strength and parameter of the laser..JPG

IMG_1154.JPG