Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

acute556

Acute jawline acne

Hello all. First post here.

I'll start by saying I am almost 27 and have lived my life basically without any major pimple/acne issues ever. However, in the last 1-2 months, I have been developing more frequent pimples here and there and within the last month or so have been developing fairly alarming acne.

The acne that is causing the problem is on both sides of my face and on my jawline. The ONLY thing I can think of that has changed in my diet is the addition of peanut butter. I pretty much grew up never eating it and in the last month or so have been going fairly heavy on it (2-3 servings a day). I have cut that out for almost two weeks now but I don't really see much difference. One side seems to be getting noticeably better but the other not at all.

I have never had issues with dairy in my life but in the last 8-9 months have been consuming 1-2 servings of Whey protein powder without any ill effects.

So far, I have been consciously making sure I do not touch my face and have been using various facial cleansers, some with salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide and just daily pore cleansers without much benefit.

I suppose I could try and see a dermatologist but without insurance i am just worried that it will be very costly especailly if they want weekly follow ups.

I am just wondering if anyone here might have any clues as to what else it can be?

I feel it is worth noting that the worse side is my left and I do almost exclusively sleep on my left much more than my right so right now I will be changing my pillow case every 2-3 days to see if that helps. However, based on photos I have seen online, I am fairly confident that I have cystic acne which I heard is more hormonal/internal and not due to bacteria contacting my face...

The strange thing also is that after a while they do tend to surface to what I suppose is called a whitehead which I heard is a good thing as opposted to being cystic forever but the acne in general is not subsiding.

Thanks!

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes