Notifications
Clear all

What can I do to fade red marks faster while on accutane?

MemberMember
(@sebastiandk)

Posted : 01/24/2016 1:24 pm

Hello everybody.

I have been on accutane for 2 weeks now and I already feel it working ( I broke out a little, but it's already getting better)

However, I have quite a lot of red marks/hyperpigmentation left from the acne I had, which is annoying me 'cause my skin actually feels smooth for once, but the red marks are very clear and noticeable on my face. I had these before and treated them with microneedling (Dermaroller) and glycolic acid which worked pretty well but I know that when I'm on accutane, these options are not something I should consider as it can worsen my skin. I also had pretty good results with the sun which helped fade the marks, but again.. This isn't really an option while on accutane either 'cause of the sensitive skin.

I was wondering if there are any products I can use to help the marks fade faster while on accutane? Should I try to get some sun, or stay out of the sun?
But yeah, my main question is about products I could use and I would really appriciate some advice.

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@ensi)

Posted : 01/24/2016 2:06 pm

You should avoid sun even when you aren't on accutane. Sun makes red marks worse.You should wearsunscreen(blocking UVA and UVB rays) whenever you go out, even on cloudy days.

MemberMember
(@malziee)

Posted : 09/18/2016 2:25 am

Hi just wondering have you finished your course and have your marks faded?