Notifications
Clear all

Pics: Help! I feel so ashamed and upset...

MemberMember
(@indy101)

Posted : 01/22/2016 4:42 am

Hi guys, I have this scarring from Acne a while ago and it has not changed at all. I feel so embarrassed and ashamed of myself that I don't get outside of the house or hardly talk to my friends face to face. I don't know what to do and I feel bad.

Is there any treatment for Indian/Pakistani skin types? At the moment I have pits on my cheeks, dark spots, acne scarring and other forms of scarring on my face and the rest of my body. 

Lately I have heard such treatments are not safe and available for Indian, Pakistani and other South Asian patients? 

Faace.jpg

face.jpg

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/22/2016 6:03 pm

You don't seem to have much facial scarring. Maybe a few boxcar scars but overall, your face looks pretty good man. The cysts on your lowercheeks however, could use some steroid injections to calm them down (cortisone). See your derm.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 01/23/2016 1:40 am

These look like hypertrophic / keloid scars. You need to get them injected with with cortisone to flatten them. Pulse dye lasets may also help.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 01/23/2016 6:28 am

Yeah those are hypertrophic... can you find a dermatologist? He/she will be able to help you. Cortisone injections possibly. Also, have you thought about growing a beard? That would hide them until you can get them taken care of! Don't be embarrassed, I have seen so much worse and it is not your fault sometimes life is just a bitch.