Notifications
Clear all

L-glutamine - how to take?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/21/2016 8:48 pm

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had success with l-glutamine? I would like to address my leaky gut, and my naturopath recommended Designs for Health - L-Glutamine Powder 250 gms. Has anyone tried it, or other glutamine supplements?

I'm not sure whether it's best to take it on an empty stomach or after a meal, and there are no specific directions on the box.

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 01/23/2016 3:30 pm

I have been taking l-glutamine powder. I just mix a spoon in a glass of water - havent really worried about whether i've had food with it or not. I haven't noticed anything miraculous happening but no side effects or anything. Its meant to be really good for helping your gut lining to heal - from what i've read.

WishClean liked
MemberMember
(@moon)

Posted : 01/25/2016 10:02 am

I have read many places that it is very good to mix it in water and drink it in the morning before food. And then again later in the day. From what i have reseached , it doesnt matter very much.
I also just ordered because I have so many gut problems.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/29/2016 1:05 am

I have been taking it for over a week now, in the mornings mixed in green juice before I eat breakfast. So far, I noticed less bloating and fewer reactions to food, although I'm sure the digestive enzymes I'm also taking help.
I haven't noticed any breakouts from it, but for me it usually takes 2+ weeks for my skin to show a reaction if something is bothering me.

MemberMember
(@moon)

Posted : 01/29/2016 8:28 am

How much do you take? I started mine yesterday, taken 7 grams a day..

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 02/06/2016 3:55 pm

Considering L-glutamine is one of the most abundant amino acids within our blood, I'd see it rather redundant for further supplementation unless medical bloodwork/testing warrants such efforts. Just my opinion though.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 02/11/2016 12:18 am

On 2/6/2016 at 3:55 PM, BaxterMcDoobinson said:

Considering L-glutamine is one of the most abundant amino acids within our blood, I'd see it rather redundant for further supplementation unless medical bloodwork/testing warrants such efforts. Just my opinion though.

I have done medical testing to warrant it...

On 1/29/2016 at 8:28 AM, Moon said:

How much do you take? I started mine yesterday, taken 7 grams a day..

I take 1/4 of a tablespoon.

MemberMember
(@peter-scott)

Posted : 04/29/2019 8:42 am

Do you know someone who cured the leaky gut and candida acne eating only non starched vegetables, fish, chicken, meat, without using probiotic capsules, without using l glutamine, but eating too: beans, brown rice, fruits everyday?

Who have leaky gut said have these symptoms: pain in the belly, floating and gases. So, if someone have only the acne, folliculitis and dermatitis on the body without other symptoms, dont have leaky gut and dont need to do the leaky gut diet with L glutamine and probiotic capsules, right?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/29/2019 8:37 pm

Do not take glutamine. It can encourage fungal "acne".