Notifications
Clear all

Healthier Diet=More acne?

MemberMember
(@researchfreak)

Posted : 01/21/2016 3:53 pm

Hello!

Foremost, I'd like to say that I have been combatting with light to moderate acne for years now. Recently, I have been eating healthier (it isn't that I have eaten unhealthy before, it is just I am cutting back on rice consumption, oily food intake, etc). However, it seems as if my skin gets worse when I eat more raw vegetables. Any deviation from my normal diet that I have had for my entire life, essentially (consistent home cooked, Indian food all my seventeen years of living), results in breakouts. Is it like a diet shock for my body? Also, if it helps, I drink enough water (at least the recommended 8 glasses).

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@luke89)

Posted : 01/22/2016 9:45 pm

MemberMember
(@innerbeauty3)

Posted : 01/23/2016 12:48 pm

Hi,

You have to check what new did you add to your diet. Maybe raw vegetables is not what your body needs.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/23/2016 2:04 pm

It can take the body a while to adjust, even to positive changes. Before you get all crazy with eliminating things, give your new diet at least 3 months. Keep a food log if you find it helpful. Drink as much water as you think you need. If you feel thirsty, it means you are not drinking enough. Maybe try brown rice instead of white and cut back or eliminate all oils except for olive and coconut. Make small changes but don't make yourself miserable. I have tried diet changes up to wazoo and it never helped my acne so I tell folks give it an honest try but don't get crazy to the point of stressing yourself out.

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 01/23/2016 3:25 pm

On 20/01/2016 at 7:53 AM, researchfreak said:

Hello!

Foremost, I'd like to say that I have been combatting with light to moderate acne for years now. Recently, I have been eating healthier (it isn't that I have eaten unhealthy before, it is just I am cutting back on rice consumption, oily food intake, etc). However, it seems as if my skin gets worse when I eat more raw vegetables. Any deviation from my normal diet that I have had for my entire life, essentially (consistent home cooked, Indian food all my seventeen years of living), results in breakouts. Is it like a diet shock for my body? Also, if it helps, I drink enough water (at least the recommended 8 glasses).

Thank you!

Everyone's bodies are different so a diet that works for one person may not be right for someone else. I tried an "all raw" diet once and it made my acne worse. For me i think it was the high amoung of fruit i was eating. Even though fruit is meant to be "healthy" i am very sensitive to sugar so can't eat too much. Some raw vege like carrots can also be difficult to digest if your digestive system is not the best. Juicing/blending might make digesting them easier ??
Diet is a really personal thing so experiment with what works for you rather then feeling you have to follow someone else's rules. I do feel my skin improves eliminating sugar and junk. Less processed food and more whole foods is good for everyones health in general. With other modifications - raw vs cooked food, low fat vs high fat etc.... its really quite individual i think.

MemberMember
(@moon)

Posted : 01/25/2016 10:25 am

I would also just like to say, dont feel miserable, because a lot of people eat perfect diets for years, and still have acne, so its not your fault.

also, like geekgirl13 says, a lot of raw vegtables is too harsh on the digestive system. You need to juice some of it, or cook some of them. Dont have too many raw vegetables :)