Notifications
Clear all

Accutane initial breakout

MemberMember
(@femaleonaccutane)

Posted : 01/21/2016 1:49 pm

I've been on 80mg of Accutane for a little over a month. I had very mild/moderate acne before Accutane. Since starting Accutane my acne went from mild to severe!!! My skin looks the worst it's ever looked & it's super painful. I'm embarrassed to leave the house... My question is... Is there any medication you have taken with Accutane to help subside the initial breakout

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 01/21/2016 5:13 pm

I'm sorry I can't exactly help you as I have not yet used accutane personally, but make sure you are using very gentle skin care products and keeping your skin as hydrated as possible to minimise irration. You probably already know that.
As for the actual breaking out, it isn't the most easy thing to get prescribed, but if you are finding the initial breakout very very bad and hard to manage, some people are prescribed an oral steroid (prednisone, I believe), which helps to calm things down as your skin pushes everything to the surface.
Hopefully your IB ends soon! :)

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 01/22/2016 10:44 pm

My initial breakout wasn't severe, but if yours is going from mild to severe, you should go to your doctor asap. Could be a reaction.