Notifications
Clear all

BC causing acne hasn't cleared up after stopping BC

MemberMember
(@lillielolo)

Posted : 01/20/2016 9:05 pm

At the age of 17 with clear skin I started the Mini Pill, I soon developed a pattern of always having 2 or 3 spots on my chin, then 3 years later the brand of mini pill that was available was changed, and I soon developed large cystic chin spots (1 at a time) along with my other 2 or 3 spots. A year later I changed to the Implant and 3 months in I developed mild to moderate cystic acne to the sides of my mouth and chin (in the typical hormonal areas), I waited it out until the 6 month mark and had the Implant removed as my skin showed no signs of getting better. My doctor told me my skin would begin to clear after 2 weeks, it has passed that and seems to be only getting worse, my face now hurts to even smile!

Has anyone else ever experienced similar? What did you do? Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@rachael1610)

Posted : 02/11/2016 5:55 am

Hi, I went on Yasmin and it caused a massive break out for me ( I also took a couple of morning after pills in the previous year, spread out about 6 months apart). It has now been about 3 months since I stopped taking any BCP and I am just seeing a slight improvement now - so I think you need to give it another couple of months.

Do your best to support your general health during this time.

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/11/2016 8:23 pm

Agreed . Hormones are trick business and for many , a few months doesn't cut it. It can take up to a year or beyond to have your hormones settle.