Notifications
Clear all

HELP!!!Should I take Diane 35 or Accutane?

MemberMember
(@baobaozheng)

Posted : 01/20/2016 8:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new here and had learnt a lot from you guys. I'm now 28 (female) and I have been had acne since 16 and broke out like crazy around 20. My doctor put me on accutane for 8 months, 20mg a day and my skin was all clear and keep clear for 6 years without even one pimple on my face!!!! After I move to Melbourne in 2014, my acne came back!!! But this time is different, they are mainly on my chin and jawline, and forehead. I went to the derma and he prescribed me Diane 35. I have heart a lot of cases that your skin will be good when you are on the pill and become crazy if you come off the pill. Since I have experienced how amazing accutane is, I would like to be put on accutane. But my derma says my acne are mainly hormone related and ask me to try Diane first. But I don't want to waste time, if eventually i have to take accutane after come of the pill, why don't I take it now? Any suggestions or experiences to share guys? Thank you so much!!!

MemberMember
(@valerie1987)

Posted : 01/21/2016 12:59 am

I tried bc to help with my acne, and it didn't help at all.  A lot of my friends went on the pill and it cleared up their skin, but it didn't work for me :( 

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 01/21/2016 1:57 am

Unfortunately no one can tell you whether diane will clear up your skin like accutane can, you just don't know until you try it. However, if your doctor believes it may respond to birth control well then I think it's not worth writing it off and going straight to the quick fix.

Let me tell you one thing, Diane is very unlikely to make your skin worse,so if it doesn't work no loss, just move onto accutane.
If it does give good results, I personally believe it is a safer option to accutane, especially considering you've already exposed your body to it once. Also, side effect wise, birth control, aside from helping acne has other good effects like reducing oil of your face and hair, larger boobs :3 and I found that I had to shave my legs wayyy less often. If you don't want to stay on bc your whole life/while you have acne, the positive is that you have been able to identify the root cause and take specific holistic measures to treat it, eg hormone balancing herbs etc.

Another thing to consider is that you may also relapse again after accutane, do you want to know now or later if birth control will work?

Again, no one can tell you for sure whether trying Diane will be worth it for YOU, but you won't know until you try.
Good luck!

MemberMember
(@baobaozheng)

Posted : 01/21/2016 10:28 pm

20 hours ago, AppleySauce said:

Unfortunately no one can tell you whether diane will clear up your skin like accutane can, you just don't know until you try it. However, if your doctor believes it may respond to birth control well then I think it's not worth writing it off and going straight to the quick fix.

Let me tell you one thing, Diane is very unlikely to make your skin worse,so if it doesn't work no loss, just move onto accutane.
If it does give good results, I personally believe it is a safer option to accutane, especially considering you've already exposed your body to it once. Also, side effect wise, birth control, aside from helping acne has other good effects like reducing oil of your face and hair, larger boobs :3 and I found that I had to shave my legs wayyy less often. If you don't want to stay on bc your whole life/while you have acne, the positive is that you have been able to identify the root cause and take specific holistic measures to treat it, eg hormone balancing herbs etc.

Another thing to consider is that you may also relapse again after accutane, do you want to know now or later if birth control will work?

Again, no one can tell you for sure whether trying Diane will be worth it for YOU, but you won't know until you try.
Good luck!

Thank you so much!!!! I will try Diane first to see how it goes.