Notifications
Clear all

General scar treatment logistics...

MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 01/20/2016 3:09 pm

So as I work out a treatment plan with some Boston MA, USA area Drs, I am starting to wonder about some of the logistics involved with this. Specifically since I don't live the Boston area, I will be driving about 1.5 hours (one way) there and back for my treatments. So far for my first CIT + GF treatment, I have been totally fine driving back. For my upcoming other 2 CIT + GF treatments, I think I will be fine as well - the only difference being that I may get more funny looks on the subway since I will not be parking in a garage near where the clinic is since it is so $$$ to do so. I will take the subway in and back.

My concerns are for more intensive treatments that my Drs have already suggested I will need starting a few months after the last CIT procedure. These include: subcision(s), fat transfer for my atrophic scars OR temporary fillers, and Laser treatments lastly to even out skin color as much as possible. From what I have read here and seen online, some of those treatments are pretty invasive and I am not sure I will be able to drive back home that day... Can anyone comment on if one can drive after a subcision or laser treatment - even a few hours later as I can probably kill time looking at stores or what not??

Furthermore, although I knew I would be red like a tomato after microneedling, the seemingly brunt away ('frosting') of skin due to lasers seems like it would scare more people as I walked/took subway back to my car.... Is the immediate burnt-off skin by the laser something that is washed off before one leaves the clinic?? How did you deal with all the stares and looks from people?

MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 01/23/2016 1:59 pm

bump, anyone?

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 01/23/2016 3:17 pm

Of course you can drive. It's not like blood is going to drip into your eyes or something. You'll be a bit bruised up, that's all. If you're red as a tomato, then yes, you're probably gonna get some looks. But so what? What's the worst that could happen? You just go about your business.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 01/24/2016 9:58 am

You will be totally fine in terms of driving. It's not like you are coming out of general anesthesia. Whenever I've had anything major done in the past, and I've literally done it ALL, I just ask to pay beforehand and get all the money stuff out of the way. After it's done, I just dash to my car and drive home. There's no way in hell I would take public transit after a procedure.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 01/25/2016 5:16 pm

I took the train for 3 hours. Haha. I hid behind a cap and my hair, mostly people just went about their business. Obviously it didn't look great, but so what? Fuck it. It is just for a few hours. Although I did take a cab from and to the train, so there is that.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 01/25/2016 7:21 pm

LOL, il90, you are hardcore then. Being a guy, I don't have the hair option. You are right though, because even though it may feel awkward, you can rest assured that you will never see those strangers again. They'll just think you're some random weirdo on the train.

MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 01/25/2016 9:25 pm

4 hours ago, il90 said:

I took the train for 3 hours. Haha. I hid behind a cap and my hair, mostly people just went about their business. Obviously it didn't look great, but so what? Fuck it. It is just for a few hours. Although I did take a cab from and to the train, so there is that.

With my luck I'd see my entire high school class and half my family on the train ride.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 01/26/2016 6:27 pm

Then just smile and laugh at their faces haha. Nah but take a cab to and fro and then hide in your train seat... just run to and from... anyways, it isn't great but it comes with the project you know... I keep thinking of Samantha in Sex and the City when she did a chemical peel and looked about the same as I did... I mean life goes on it is for like max a couple of hours then it'll be over. I live in a student dorm so like I know about the awkwardness involved with this. Anyways, I do hide in my room for a couple of days though haha.