Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stressftw

Docummenting 1 month of nonstop Lugol's iodo applcation on scars(non pitted).

i started the iodine applications in Jan 7
In feb 7 i will stop the iodine applications on my nose bump scars and arm stretch marks  im applying it everyday about 4times day, i do have a hypertrophic scar on my arm too but i dont have before pics of my arm, only of my nose scar.
im applying iodine on a small bump that i have on my nose too.
here some photos 

im using   5% concentration with 10% potassium iodide concentration, the classic lugol's formula

1- at day 4 the skin area on the nose start to get red and scabby,  i cant tell for sure if the scar is  better now because the nose skin is peeling every 7 days and when it peels another plastic sheet like skin start to build up underneath followed by another scab that sheds in around more 7 days..
2 - the same process ocurred on stretch marks and the hypertrophic scar too, its shedding less than the nose and the dark stained part is the hypertrophic scar that i have on my arm its scabby for around 15 days now and it didnt fell out yet.

after feb 7 i will wait for around 10 days to take new pics because i will wait to the redness and the scabby skin to subside
im not using it on pitted scars as i dont have them on my face otherwise i wouldve been using to test too.
im serving myself as a rat lab here and docummenting so you guys can see if this method can work atleast on hypertrophic scars/stretch mark, so i do recommend you to wait and see if this will work for me before you test on yourself.

i ill probably post new pics feb 17
wish me luck

the two last pics are before i started the applications

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Picture 3.jpg

Picture 4.jpg

20151223_235506.jpg

20151223_235315.jpg

Edited by stressftw

Hi, i think my experiment is going better than i thought, i saw a improvement in every scar, most in the hypertrophic scar on my right arm that is tottaly flat now. Im still using it in my stretch marks, and they seem to shrinked, the scar on my nose shrinked too but is still here and thats the reason that i didnt stopped the applications yet. 
Unfortunately takes more time than i expected to the trace elements of iodine leave the skin completely(around 2 weeks) so i rather prefer to keep using it until i saw the improvements that i want in my nose and in the meantime i will use it in my stretch marks too just to see the results til i stop the applications on my nose.
i can keep it updated but no one beside you seems to be interested unfortunately. And when i stop the applications and my skin turns normal again i will post the before/after pics. Now that i saw some results im willing to keep using for atleast one year just to see if my scar can be complete removed. And one thing that i noticed is the amount of hair that grew in the application areas, it was huge amount of small hairs in the areas that i applied iodine, that was bizarre

one more thing
everything that is in the iodine study(ill post in the end of the text) regarding scar happened to me: hyperemic state>scabs>yellow/white renegade material> hair growth on the applied area
and the hypertrophic scar for example its still here yet but its total flat and it somehow shrinked, the area of it isnt the same anymore, its smaller same with the other stretch marks areas and nose scar area, i think iodine have the capacity of shrink progressively the scars, i dont know for sure yet but i can keep this topic updated weekly if you want Dodo.

and here's the article:

part 1

http://www.owndoc.com/pdf/Derry%20Iodine%20Regeneration-1.pdf

part 2

http://www.owndoc.com/pdf/Derry%20Iodine%20Regeneration-2.pdf

cheers

•  
Edited by stressftw

Good to hear you have great success with it so far!
Can't wait to see the results.
You're very brave with applying iodine on your nose for so long.
I tried it but i just feel ashamed TBH i work like 50 hours a week seeing a lot of people.
How did you do it?
Maybe i'll do it when i'm very sick at home:D for at least 2 weeks.

For my chest and arm scars i'm applying it for 2 weeks now but i ran out. Waiting for my new batch. But the results look great so far.

The studies you've mentioned thanks but i already knew them.
I got some info for you too.
http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/510
Just read the 4th post it tells you all you need to know but probably already know. :)

Thanks again and good luck! Never thought someone on acne.org actually believed and wanted to try this study.

It would be nice if if you keep updating.
I think more people are interrested but just don't reply.

Edited by scarredDodo

No problem, i will update this topic weekly, i rly want to do a break on my skin to see how the scars really are after stopping completely the applications for some weeks, so if im doing it i probably will do at the end of this month, my parents think im crazy lol
and after stop applications if the scars remain i will probably do a dermaroller/stamp 2.0mm followed by one more month of applications

@edit i will try a TCA peel 35% followed by iodine applications too on a single stretch mark that i have in my arm after i stop this "wave" of application

Edited by stressftw

On 20-2-2016 at 3:49 AM, stressftw said:

No problem, i will update this topic weekly, i rly want to do a break on my skin to see how the scars really are after stopping completely the applications for some weeks, so if im doing it i probably will do at the end of this month, my parents think im crazy lol
and after stop applications if the scars remain i will probably do a dermaroller/stamp 2.0mm followed by one more month of applications

@edit i will try a TCA peel 35% followed by iodine applications too on a single stretch mark that i have in my arm after i stop this "wave" of application

still using iodine?
I'm just quoting you because the thread has moved.

I'm still busy with some spots on my chest and arms. The scars are really smoothed out!
Still had some white dots left but it's not like ghostbumps anymore.

Yesterday ive ordered white iodine it only contains potassium iodide.
It does not regenerate skin but it will flat down keloid scars which i don't have. But ive read some succes stories on hypertrophic scars so ill see what happens. Ill be using that on my nose because it doesn't stain. 

If that doesn't work i gonna try iodine mixed with a little vitamin C it will remove the colour. It isn't very clear to me if it removes the healing effect.
I just don't want to walk with redness on my face :D

i stopped the iodine applications 3 days ago
i want to see my progress clearly
my nose scar is still here, although its better seems to be smaller to me but it doesnt changed much like the other scars and  the bumpy area that bother me is still here
the scabs in my arms are falling and as far i can see my stretch marks are MUCH better the coloration is better and the hypertrophic scar that i had on my arm is flat and the color changed too, it was dark purple and now its pinky/white following the color of my skin.
i dont know why it wasnt effective on my nose as it was in the rest of the skin, maybe because nose is a harder place to deal with scars, i dont know.

i think iodine can work on every kind of scar even in the atrophic ones, but the problem of iodine is that you need to apply it without stopping 
and the way it works is different from everything ive already tried 
for example, if you apply medium acid on your face your skin will peel off and you cant keep applying it because you will damage your skin,
with iodine is not, your skin will peel, you keep applying, it will keep peeling and peeling but it will not damage your skin it will enter on a stage of constant skin shedding forever until you stop the applications and thats something very weird

im planning to wait around 10-15 days to restart the applications again for more 1-2 months but now followed by a needling session right before.

If after these 2 months the nose scar didnt change much i will follow the needling + tca peel protocol on my nose scars and give up on iodine for the nose, but i will for sure keep using it on my stretch marks and will do a TCA followed by iodine  on my stretch marks soon, i want to explore the maximum potential of iodine because when i first started i was expecting nothing
when the scabs fall completely i will take some pics

Edited by stressftw

its been around 11 days i think since i stop iodine applications
almost all the scabs are gone 
my stretch marks improved alot, more than my nose
my nose improved but not much, and the part that isnt good is that im needing to "shave" my nose because of the amount of the hairs induced by iodine, i dont know if this hair regrowth is a longterm good sign, i didnt saw alot of these hair on my stretch marks maybe there is some hair induced but nothing noticiable, maybe because the area is alot bigger, i previously said that my hypertrophic scar was flat, it isnt, it is flatter but not 100% too, its better, i will still let my skin recovery for some more days, my nose is almost 100% normal but i can still see some staining and some scabs 
i would say that i noticed an overall improvement of 20-30% on my scars
but i dont know if this improvement is something accumulative and if it can really heal scars 100%
unfortunately i will not be able to stain all of my scars for more 2 months
so i will keep staining this hypertrophic scar that i have on my arm that isnt noticiable in public
i have more 2 bottles of lugol`s so it will last for some months and i will be able to tell if i can achieve more impressive results.
i pretend to do a tca 30%  followed by iodine this month on a isolated stretch mark that i have to see what happen with the combination of iodo +something to break the tissue 

today march 14 i did a 30% TCA peel on my hypertrophic scar and on a single stretch mark and after the frosting i washed and applied iodine on it
i will keep aplying for 30 days.
lets see what happens

Great to hear about your stretchmarks and good luck with TCA!
I hope it's gonna work.

Been off for awhile.
Ive been using white iodine (potassium iodide)  in my nose scars for a month. It seems they improving not only the redness but also the thickness.
I'm still applying iodine on the scars on my chest and arm.
The results so far are really great!

Hi, everyone. Sorry for my english, im from Brazil.
I found this discussion after search a lot of papers and news about scars and regeneration vs scarring. I have appendicits, and neither took the suture yet. My scar is in the belly, and is about 5 cm. I plan on using the kelo-cote cream and also after find, use lugol. Could you tell me where I can buy iodine and how to use it?

Thank you.

On 13-4-2016 at 4:02 PM, douglasfg028 said:

Hi, everyone. Sorry for my english, im from Brazil.
I found this discussion after search a lot of papers and news about scars and regeneration vs scarring. I have appendicits, and neither took the suture yet. My scar is in the belly, and is about 5 cm. I plan on using the kelo-cote cream and also after find, use lugol. Could you tell me where I can buy iodine and how to use it?

Thank you.

hi, 

You should try ebay for Lugol's Solution 5%.
Top of this page you see some links to pdf files and sites explaining how to use it.
Good luck!

On 4/16/2016 at 4:17 PM, scarredDodo said:
hi, 

You should try ebay for Lugol's Solution 5%.
Top of this page you see some links to pdf files and sites explaining how to use it.
Good luck!
Hello Scarredodo, have you applied this on your skin before? I applied it for two weeks and its been two weeks now and my skin is still discolored.

@stressftw Any updates on this? I also have lots of stretch marks on arms and legs from lifting and would be very interested in hearing if you had success. I'm going to start applications on my stretch marks. Thanks for posting your results so far.

Hey thanks for the post! I too, have been applying lugol's idodine solution 2% on a keloid scar I have on my chest for 1 month, but I decided to take a 2 week break. The scar I've been treating hasn't really improved or shrunk, but I can tell that hair growth is being induced around and on the other scars I haven't been treating. This is a good sign, and I'm going to continue using Lugols, but on the inside of my wrists. Anyways I'll try applying iodine on the scars again, but I noticed that it's better not to massage as it inflames the scar. 

So glad I found this post, I just started applying Lugol's 2 days ago and hoping it will help with my white dot scars on the chest from acne. 
I realize it's been a year since you started documenting, are you still treating your scars with iodine? How much have they improved? 
I would really appreciate the update :) 
Wishing good results to everybody!!!