Notifications
Clear all

Type of acne/how bad?

MemberMember
(@annaaabelle)

Posted : 01/20/2016 10:05 am

Hey : )

I'm 15 and I've had acne for about two years. I don't think it's too bad, but I'm getting really sick of it. I always have acne in the same spots (forehead, and temple area on both sides). I don't really "breakout," I'm just permanently broken out, as in it's always there no matter what. Nothing seems to make it worse, but nothing makes it better either. I haven't tried a lot drugstore products and I haven't visited a derm and I would really like to avoid that if possible. It's hurting my self-confidence and I wish more than anything that it would go away. So, I'm trying to figure out what type of acne it is, how bad it is, and if there's anything specific I can do to make it less awful. I attached two pics, but they're not good quality so tell me if I should take different ones. 

IMG_7117.JPG.66d1b19da2afb9f871536d4bc61
IMG_7120.thumb.JPG.97fb572f70dc1e5b49827

MemberMember
(@iahmeeobop)

Posted : 01/20/2016 9:35 pm

You've had acne for two years? What have you tried to do for your skin in that time? You said you haven't used many drugstore products, but what have you used? It's very important that you do everything you can for your skin for you to expect it to get better. Your acne is still mild, don't give it a chance to get worse. If you haven't been serious about getting rid of it, act now. You're right about not wanting to see a derm, you don't need to. That should be saved for when you seriously don't know what else to do, and it seems like you've still got a lot of things you can try for your skin.

MemberMember
(@annaaabelle)

Posted : 01/21/2016 10:57 am

I've been using Aveda botanical kinetics purifying gel cleanser twice a day for slightly over a year followed by molten brown lotion. I recently switched the neutrogena deep clean invigorating foam scrub and then neutrogena naturals multi-vitamin nourishing moisturizer. My skin is really comfortable in this moisturizer because it keeps my skin from feeling tight but at the same time it doesn't make it oily.

13 hours ago, Iahmeeobop said:

You've had acne for two years? What have you tried to do for your skin in that time? You said you haven't used many drugstore products, but what have you used? It's very important that you do everything you can for your skin for you to expect it to get better. Your acne is still mild, don't give it a chance to get worse. If you haven't been serious about getting rid of it, act now. You're right about not wanting to see a derm, you don't need to. That should be saved for when you seriously don't know what else to do, and it seems like you've still got a lot of things you can try for your skin.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I tried a salicylic acid face wash, but that did nothing for me other than make my skin drier.

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 01/21/2016 12:29 pm

My advice would be to go see a doctor. I've never known anyone who has genuinely cleared up with the natural approach - the lack of before/after pictures on this forum is testament to that.