Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clareb78

Buying accutane myself as derm won't prescribe

Hi all I'm new here so hope I'm doing this right!! I went to an nhs derm apt this morning... Left in tears as he said it's not severe enough to prescribe accutane I've suffered since late teens and now 37 it's all over my back shoulders neck and face id say moderate I understand some people suffer with a lot worse but it's really effecting my confidence and frankly my life now. I've been on accutane before (13 yrs ago) with success but it crept back with full force within a year. Also tried all the different anti biotics.... Useless!! Currently on doxy (3 months) and epiduo (8 months) which has helped a little and based on that I've been refused accutane he gave me script for isotrex and said carry on with  doxy and go back in 4 months. So on my emotional return home my partner is fuming that he was so dismissive and looked into buying accutane online for me so my question I guess is.... Anyone else here do this? We've found a fairly good price so I'm thinking this is my only option to get it. I know this may cause a bit of controversy but I don't see another way... The doxy is helping a bit but if I go back with little or no improvement he's still not going to give me it!! I also believe that when i stop doxy it's just going to come back as usual. Any thoughts, insights and help welcome... Please be kind X thank you X 

I'm sorry to hear...

Is it not possible to find yourself another derm? If it is as moderate as you say, and you have tried everything else - then at your age I see no reason why any derm would not put you on the medication. It's possible you just had a bad dermatologist.

I can sympathize with you on having alternative venues, but getting pharmaceuticals online gets very hairy very fast.  You also have to be responsible and send a sample to a lab or analysis.  Even after all that validation, with my peptides/anchillaries I manually transfer them to recently sterilized vials, use a syringe filter for any heavy metals, and then autoclave my tools and re-suspendthe peptide's suspension if it crashed and follow that with sterilization via pressure cooker.

I've probably lost 2k-3k in the last 4 years on packages being seized, sources screwing over clientele, or I got compound that just says I didn't know what I was doing and made this is my mom's basement.  I've ordered testosterone enanthate 250mg/10ml vials and the lab analysis came back as cottonseed oil......

Buying from online pharmacies is a risky business.

There are plenty of reputable online pharmacies which serve the UK, but these are the ones who are registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council. And these pharmacies will not supply you with Accutane unless you have a private prescription from a registered derm.

The pharmacies which do sell Accutane are not monitored in anyway. I'm sure some of them do sell legitimate goods, but it's certainly not legal and many of them are selling fake goods which could be dangerous.

I do understand your frustration as I've been knocked back for Accutane by the NHS as well. I've also been offered it when there was barely anything on my face, so it really does depend on the derm in some cases.

One option you have is to go private in the UK. If you're anywhere near London then I know that there are a couple of clinics there who seem quite happy to put people on Accutane without too much hassle. There are probably others near to where you live though. Just Google them or get your GP to refer you.

Ok I've calmed down a bit now he he!! When I got out of the apt already a bit annoyed I discovered a flat tyre.... Which wouldn't inflate.... Mechanic had to be called....car taken away....cue meltdown!!
After doing more research and reading your comments (very much appreciated) I've decided to do as I'm told and go with it, hell ive put up with this for about 20 yrs what's another 4 months eh?! 
Thank you again for your comments X X