Notifications
Clear all

Starting accutane soon (late Jan 2016)...anyone else?

MemberMember
(@ilovemypug)

Posted : 01/18/2016 3:08 pm

I am going to be starting Accutane soon and was wondering if there is a group of people starting treatment in January or Feb 2016 anywhere. I'd love to have a support group to chat with as we progress through our treatment.

Chloe123 liked
MemberMember
(@lemonade)

Posted : 01/21/2016 3:42 am

Just started my treatment yesterday! 20mg a day.

MemberMember
(@ilovemypug)

Posted : 01/21/2016 7:14 pm

I have to have my bloodwork done on 1/25 & my doc appt is on 1/27. He tells me I'll walk out of there with my prescription that day. I don't know the dosage yet.

MemberMember
(@anotherstar)

Posted : 01/23/2016 12:44 pm

hi there! I'm starting in exactly 10 days. it will be nice to have some log buddies around. info about me.. I'm a 25 yr old female at 115lbs. I never grew out of teenage acne and as my 20s progressed it became more and more deep and cystic. it was contained sort of on birth control (not completely but I could get away looking like a normal person most days) and then bactrim.
my derm wants to start me off on 40mg but I'm such a med sensitive person I feel like that will be super hard on me. I'm gonna try to convince her to start me on 20 the first month

MemberMember
(@krixi)

Posted : 01/25/2016 7:51 am

I'm three days in! Going well so far, but today is the first day the skin on and around my nose has started peeling as well as a little on my chin. Also noticed last night that a my skin is pushing out gunk so a few small pimples and whiteheads were forming. Mot of my acne has always been on my chin though, so expecting the worst initial outbreak to be located there.

Not noticing dry lips just yet, but very dry skin around my eyes.

Oh, and I'm on 60mg per day. Dermatologist said to try this dose at first, and if the side effects get too bad I'll go down to 40mg per day.

Also - I'm female, and 30 years old. Hormonal acne.

MemberMember
(@liz92)

Posted : 01/26/2016 1:19 am

I just had my first accutane derm appointment this morning so if all goes well I should get my first month of pills at the end of February!

MemberMember
(@ilovemypug)

Posted : 01/27/2016 11:39 am

Just walked out the derm's door with my script! 80mg/day
I have to wait until after lunch to pick it up because that's when he's putting my info into the ipledge computer system. I'm considering waiting a few days before starting to take the pills because my next derm appt is in 33 days. Ugh! They are closed on Fridays! I don't want to have a 2 day gapwithout any medication. I've also counted out the next several months and it looks like this gap will happen in another couple of months because of them being closed on Fridays---and then throw in the 4th of July holiday on a Monday. Double Ugh! Gaps in medication all over the place. So---it looks like I will need to wait another week to officially begin (andfill the prescription today). Has anyone else considered a gap in their medication because of weekends & holidays?

MemberMember
(@jones4545)

Posted : 01/27/2016 12:21 pm

I would just start with a pill every other day for a couple of days to get it started. The medication is in your system for a long time, so missing days is not really that bad of a thing. Its not like some medications that are out of your system if youre not taking them consistently. My first course, I started out with 80 mg every 3 days.

MemberMember
(@ilovemypug)

Posted : 01/28/2016 5:55 pm

Great idea! Thank you for your reassurance.