Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am also noticing extra skin on my face and so I would try using +AHA to exfoliate my face but my face is too dry to take the +AHA.
Should I use a regular facial scrub? 

A chemical exfoliator believe it or not is better and much gentler for your skin than a facial scrub. Facial scrubs can be very harsh and abrasive, which can lead to irritation breakouts.

If you're interested in trying AHA+, try diluting a small amount with lots of moisturizer and see how your skin reacts. As your skin gets used to it, you can gradually increase the AHA+ and decrease the moisturizer. A 50/50 mix is ideal and well-tolerated by most people, and can be used every day! :)

If you don't have active breakouts, you can use a scrub. I made a post about it. If you have acne (or acne which hasn't surfaced), go ahead and perform chemical exfoliation. Don't overdo it, though, b/c it actually can make dryness & flakiness worse. I'd do it no more than 3 times (at full strength) per week. Some people can handle more than that – others, less. Experiment.

Good points, CP! :)

Also, if you have active acne, be sure your skin is used to BP first before attempting to add in AHA+. Ideally it's best to wait until you're completely clear and old acne has healed before adding in any non-Acne.org products or steps.

5 hours ago, DeLovely said:

A chemical exfoliator believe it or not is better and much gentler for your skin than a facial scrub. Facial scrubs can be very harsh and abrasive, which can lead to irritation breakouts.

If you're interested in trying AHA+, try diluting a small amount with lots of moisturizer and see how your skin reacts. As your skin gets used to it, you can gradually increase the AHA+ and decrease the moisturizer. A 50/50 mix is ideal and well-tolerated by most people, and can be used every day! :)

Oh, is it safe to mix AHA+ with moisturiser or jojoba oil?

Which chemical exfoliators would you recommend? 

AHA+ is the chemical exfoliator I recommend. It sloughs off dead skin and also helps speed up the fading of red marks. It can make you flakier initially during the sloughing process but after awhile usually subsides. 

Totally safe to mix AHA+ with moisturizer, and adding a few drops of jojoba oil to the mix is my personal favorite way to use these products! :)