Notifications
Clear all

Indented/Pitted Scar lasering (Co2 & Flaxel)

MemberMember
(@talentedbus)

Posted : 01/18/2016 10:31 am

Hi all,

I have suffered from acne since a teenager, and after being on roaccatane for 6 months about 5 years ago it really settled down, but I am on the dianette pill to help keep it at bay.

Now at 26, I have noticed that I have been left with indented/pitted scarring in between my eyebrows and across my cheeks. I have paid for chemical peels and microdermabrasion and they havent helped much, if at all. This has in turn affected my social life, relationships, work and day to day life.

Last year I looked into lasering, and went to The London Clinic, Harley Street where I was offered the N-Lite laser. After being quoted A LOT of money for this procedure (without the nurse even taking my make up off, or really looking at my skin), I went away with the information and decided to carry on researching before spending so much money (she also confirmed they could not confirm whether it would 100% work).

Since then I have been told by various skin professionals the N-Lite would not help my scarring and its mainly beneficial to patients who are suffering with active acne as opposed to just resolving the scarring. I recently went to SK:N Clinic and was given information regarding the Co2 laser and the Flaxel laser. The nurse seemed to know a lot, took time to check my skin and scarring and didnt push for me to book with the doctor. Also the prices, although still expensive are a lot more realistic as she said that the procedures will 100% work.

Since then I have gone away, and done my research and can only find reviews from America, and quite recently. I want some long term feedback and whether it would be worth going through with the procedure?

My question are:

Have you had either laser done on your indented/pitted scarring?

How long ago was the procedure carried out?

Does the procedure take months to see lasting results?

Could the procedure have negative effects in years to come?

Any other questions or information I should know/ask?

Sorry for the essay, but I think lasering your face is something that should be thought long and hard about and would really appreciate any stories people would like to share

Thank you

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 01/18/2016 2:02 pm

You're in London? What about going to see Dr. Chu?

It will cost you 300 pounds with each treatment of subcision, dermapen, TCA cross and PRP. Look these things up, should find lots around here. You can do it every three months until you feel satisfied. Check out my log I posted about the experience.

If you need his contact info please let me know

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 01/18/2016 4:26 pm

5 hours ago, TalentedBus said:

Hi all,

I have suffered from acne since a teenager, and after being on roaccatane for 6 months about 5 years ago it really settled down, but I am on the dianette pill to help keep it at bay.

Now at 26, I have noticed that I have been left with indented/pitted scarring in between my eyebrows and across my cheeks. I have paid for chemical peels and microdermabrasion and they havent helped much, if at all. This has in turn affected my social life, relationships, work and day to day life.

Last year I looked into lasering, and went to The London Clinic, Harley Street where I was offered the N-Lite laser. After being quoted A LOT of money for this procedure (without the nurse even taking my make up off, or really looking at my skin), I went away with the information and decided to carry on researching before spending so much money (she also confirmed they could not confirm whether it would 100% work).

Since then I have been told by various skin professionals the N-Lite would not help my scarring and its mainly beneficial to patients who are suffering with active acne as opposed to just resolving the scarring. I recently went to SK:N Clinic and was given information regarding the Co2 laser and the Flaxel laser. The nurse seemed to know a lot, took time to check my skin and scarring and didnt push for me to book with the doctor. Also the prices, although still expensive are a lot more realistic as she said that the procedures will 100% work.

Since then I have gone away, and done my research and can only find reviews from America, and quite recently. I want some long term feedback and whether it would be worth going through with the procedure?

My question are:

Have you had either laser done on your indented/pitted scarring?

How long ago was the procedure carried out?

Does the procedure take months to see lasting results?

Could the procedure have negative effects in years to come?

Any other questions or information I should know/ask?

Sorry for the essay, but I think lasering your face is something that should be thought long and hard about and would really appreciate any stories people would like to share

Thank you

hi firstly for your type of scarring you want to look into the tca cross for i persume is ice pick scars punch excision i think would be to risky in this area if you any boxcar scars then subcision with suctioning. I dont think the laser it wont work for your problem you should go back to the clinic and ask to see some before and afters this will help you decide.

MemberMember
(@talentedbus)

Posted : 01/19/2016 4:51 am

14 hours ago, il90 said:

I hope i have replied correctly, sorry im new to this forum... weirdly enough I actually went to Hammersmith hospital last week which lead me to go to the SKN Clinic...after researching lasering and coming across Dr. Chu i went to my doctor and basically begged him on 3 occasions for him to refer me, after that i had to wait 4 months for my appointment... ever few weeks I was calling the dermatology department and confirming that I had an appointment with Dr. Chu and was told each time yes... Got there on Tuesday last week to be told i didnt have an appointment and there was no one who could see me as Dr. Chu is fully booked, as well as this no notes confirming i had ever called to make sure i had an appointment...after my 4 month wait, getting there and hearing that I just broke down... the lady at reception obviously felt sorry for me and managed about a half an hour later for me to see a female doctor in the dermo department for her to basically tell me there was nothing they could do for me, she wasnt very helpful i had to keep repeating "so what do you suggest I do" and she just kept shaking her head and finally said I should go to SKN Clinic and they should be able to help...

12 hours ago, Hope01 said:
18 hours ago, TalentedBus said:

hope this is the correct way to reply... apologies im new to this forum... I have booked in to see the doctor at SKN clinic where he will show me the before and afters... the scarring is small and "pitted" but quite deep, i was told a dermapen will not go deep enough to help, the doctor is hammersmith hospital informed me the scarring is deep enough that resurfacing is needed... just lasering the face is obviously an extreme procedure so any feed back is greatly appreciated

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 01/19/2016 1:19 pm

Wow, really? Why would she refer you to SKIN clinic? Dr. Chu specifically does not perform lasers I would think there was a reason for this. Quite odd that they would tell you to go there then.

Okay this is what you do. Either you go through West dermatology london clinic (call them - they can get you an appointment on Monday evening). However, one of these consultations with Dr. Chu will cost you 225 pounds. But it might be worth it. He will later after the appointment tell you to email his assistant to book the appointment for the treatment. This treatment appointment is on a Saturday or a Tuesday. There will be several time slots to pick from. He does several patients on these days, so you will sit with EMLA cream all over with maybe a dussin other people. You go in later where he does treatments on three people at the same time, he does maybe PRP waits and goes to another patient comes back for the dermapen and so on.

Or you skip the consultation and directly book the treatment. You tell them directly over email that you would like to go ahead and to book you for subcision, dermapen, TCA cross and prp. This costs 300 pounds + 5 for the EMLA cream. I have her email. Tell her that you have not had a consultation and if possible would like to go ahead anyways, since you know what it entails. This might not be okay but you could try I think they would be okay with it.

Good luck! It is painful though just so you are aware! Let me know if you need anything else.

sracS liked
MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 01/30/2016 6:07 am

Hello I had the co2 laser and i have my next one on the 31st of March at the PHI clinic with Dr Patel.

i had only one co2 and healed well from it, the setting were low so the result was mild but there were SOME improvement, I personally don't really see any but from what my sister and partner told me, my pits were way deeper than before. I guess because I stupidly want them totally gone if there is a scar there still to me that doesn't make me feel or think it done much. Like I said it was on lower setting than usual because I wanted to see how I healed from the treatment. My skin heals quite slow and it scars easily, I read a few co2's that went wrong which made me VERY nervous to go through with this procedure. I do not regret it and will have another in two months time and will go for a higher setting than I did the last time.

i believe dr patel is good. He has bloody flawless skin, so jelly.

The people who works there are lovely although there was the odd one who I had the infini with that I thought wasn't that attentive.

Would I recommend PHI clinic so far yes but I would tell you not to rush into it. Do your research. I have two future co2's with him and will only be able to let you know fully when I have gone through them both.

Best of luck!

i do have a page with my experience somewhere in here on the infini and co2. Do not ever go to the private clinic on harley street!!!

MemberMember
(@talentedbus)

Posted : 01/30/2016 10:32 am

Thank you for sharing your experience ms bubble tea... Where abouts is the clinic you went to? I have done ssssoooo much research, and hve watche YouTube clips etc on it, I also spoke with my bros girlfriend who is a qualified beautician in Chelsea and even though her clinic doesn't do lasering, she said there would be no harm in giving it a go... I'm the same as you with the fear factor as it recovers, the fear of the unknown I guess... I have an be an appointment on the 10th with a doctor at the SKN clinic for further inform before I commit to the lasering, so hopefully he can put me at ease... AND yea I agree I feel that as acne suffers we are searching for the perfect results, but any improvement is better then the current look for me... Good for you on going through with it and I will defo check out your updates 🙂

MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 03/06/2016 7:27 am

it is quite a headache to be able to have controlled the acne and left with horrible scarring. I believe there is a treatment to help people but it is finding that right treatment that suits your skin type, it's the same with products as well. It took me forever to find the products that suited my skin, which ranged from all different brands instead of one brand. Scarring unfortunately is very difficult to treat and our skin all heal at a different pace etc.

My clinic that I go to is in Harley Street. Sorry for the late reply, some reason org does not send me notice when people message etc. I have been extremely busy so have not gotten a chance to come on here much.

good luck! just make sure when you go you do not feel pressured to get the treatment. When I went to the private clinic I rushed and it was the biggest mistake for me. Make sure you ask questions, always! if you don't remember what questions you want to ask while you are there then write it on paper. just make sure you are have all the information you need before going into anything. if you want record those conversation and read everything you sign because if things do go wrong and they made you feel like the treatment would 100% heal you and it does not, look into suing the company as these treatment does not come cheap and i think we as acne and scar sufferers lose a lot when we go into a money hungry clinic. A lot of emotional stress I got from the private clinic when I was 18 and at that time I didn't know much so they got away with it.

best wishes!

MemberMember
(@talentedbus)

Posted : 03/06/2016 11:49 am

No worries. .. i had been to the private clinic about a year ago, and felt it to be just sell sell sell instead of actually trying to help me... the clinic I have booked into now is the SKN Clinic, they have a few clinics in London and I'll be getting the CO2re lasering at their Harley street branch as that's where the laser is kept... do u mind me asking what laser u had and why it as a bad experience for u? How long ago did u have it done? (Sorry for the personal questions, but we are all in a similar boat and any feedback is really appreciated

MemberMember
(@bee4acne)

Posted : 03/06/2016 1:56 pm

I'm in London too. Can you let me know where your log is please?

many thanks

MemberMember
(@talentedbus)

Posted : 03/07/2016 3:21 am

My Log?

MemberMember
(@bee4acne)

Posted : 03/07/2016 5:09 am

1 hour ago, TalentedBus said:

My Log?

You said in an earlier post in this thread thwarting adman a log or blog? About your experiences with Accutane

MemberMember
(@talentedbus)

Posted : 03/07/2016 5:23 am

oohh sorry about that...

here you go (i think this is what you mean - i need another coffee for this monday i think) 🙂

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 03/07/2016 7:11 am

1 hour ago, TalentedBus said:

oohh sorry about that...

here you go (i think this is what you mean - i need another coffee for this monday i think) :)

Hello i came across your post what you are describing seems like icepick acne scarring in order to improve these you need to do tca cross or punch excision if you have a few scars. The laser wont work at all in healing these scars and please do also look into the side effects of laser. I recommend you watch this video in order to help you better understand what you and how to fix it good luck. 

MemberMember
(@talentedbus)

Posted : 03/07/2016 7:21 am

Do you mind me asking why you don't think lasering would help? From the CO2re lasering reviews and what they do, it seems like to would make sense that the lasering would be effective... have you undergone any procedures?

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 03/07/2016 7:55 am

33 minutes ago, TalentedBus said:

Do you mind me asking why you don't think lasering would help? From the CO2re lasering reviews and what they do, it seems like to would make sense that the lasering would be effective... have you undergone any procedures?

basically the laser can maximum reach a depth of 1.2 mm in the the skin these ice pick scars you talk off cant be helped by any laser because they extend further on top of that if your physician does go to the maximum settings you risk losing fat in your face and a common complication is permanent whitness on the skin do watch that video when you get time it will explain things to you. Many people in the forum have reported laser regardless of scar type gave them no results. I have yes i have some ice pick scars and boxcars as well as PIE i have done punch excision and tca cross both very good treatments i do recommend you look into these. I am also from the UK around 2 years ago i also went to alot of consulations in harley street most of these people have no idea what they are talking about they just sell you what they have.

MemberMember
(@talentedbus)

Posted : 03/07/2016 7:59 am

Could you advise if i was going to get the punch excision and tca cross where you suggest i look into? To be honest, i felt really comfortable in the clinic that i went to hence why i booked in for the lasering... I suppose everyone is different, but there is ssssooo much information online for scarring, everyone will have an opinion... very over whelming

MemberMember
(@msbubbletea)

Posted : 03/20/2016 2:16 pm

I have mostly boxcar scarring, I did not have any bad experience with the CO2 as I only have been for one.

I had the infini treatment and had no effect and the healing took me approximately 5-6 months which caused me quite a bit of stress as I thought I would be stuck with the micro dots as well as acne scarring.

I have 2 more CO2 laser to go to, one that should be on the 31st of March if I do not land myself a new job by then. I have been to quite a few interviews lately, I am hoping they will take their time so I can go for my CO2.

As for CO2 do not rush into the highest settings as hope said there are risks, nothing comes without it with scar treatments I guess. My one was on a lighter setting the first time. I will be going for a higher setting this time round so I can only let you know how that goes. Mind you the homecare is what I am a little more worried about as I reacted quite badly to the Vaseline that I had to keep on for a week. I ended up breaking out all over and it was quite annoying. I stuck to it as much as I can bare. My skin is so so now, due to hormonal acne so when the lovely time of the month comes here and there I get the break outs apart from that I recovered fine from it. It did not leave any scarring etc.