Notifications
Clear all

What to do with acne scars?

MemberMember
(@fieryvest)

Posted : 01/17/2016 3:21 pm

Hey everyone, I noticed that I have a big issue with scars rather than actual acne, I have scars from popped, damaged pimples, do you know any good creams which will help me to get rid of acne scars? I just want cream names, please don't hit me up with natural remedies, they don't work

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 01/17/2016 4:44 pm

what kind of scars are they? can you upload a pic?
well, if they are red scars you might try 10% glycolic acid (lotion, cream or gel) ..
if its any kind of pitted scarring, thats going to be a lot harder to treat with topical treatments. if your scarring is not too deep try retinal. the strongest over the counter that i have found is mychelle remarkable retinal serum. http://www.mychelle.com/Remarkable-Retinal-Serum-1oz?sc=7&category=37802 but really, unless its pretty minor, you would probably need to have a laser, peel or tca.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/17/2016 5:54 pm

Or a derma roller. I've seen great reviews on banish acne scars kit. It's pricey though but apparently with it.

MemberMember
(@fieryvest)

Posted : 01/17/2016 11:32 pm

6 hours ago, hopeless87 said:

well, if they are red scars you might try 10% glycolic acid (lotion, cream or gel) ..
if its any kind of pitted scarring, thats going to be a lot harder to treat with topical treatments. if your scarring is not too deep try retinal. the strongest over the counter that i have found is mychelle remarkable retinal serum.  http://www.mychelle.com/Remarkable-Retinal-Serum-1oz?sc=7&category=37802 but really, unless its pretty minor, you would probably need to have a laser, peel or tca.

it looks more of an eczama in the picture but trust me they're all scars, left cheek and right cheek

12167176_1926339527591531_1454095447_n.jpg

12166122_1926339530924864_421653626_n.jpg

MemberMember
(@fieryvest)

Posted : 01/18/2016 1:02 am

8 hours ago, hopeless87 said:

if its any kind of pitted scarring, thats going to be a lot harder to treat with topical treatments. if your scarring is not too deep try retinal. the strongest over the counter that i have found is mychelle remarkable retinal serum. http://www.mychelle.com/Remarkable-Retinal-Serum-1oz?sc=7&category=37802 but really, unless its pretty minor, you would probably need to have a laser, peel or tca.

7 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:

Or a derma roller. I've seen great reviews on banish acne scars kit. It's pricey though but apparently with it.

please help me, i don't know what product to use and this appearance is making me feel so bad

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 01/18/2016 8:51 pm

Try looking into TCA Cross, Subscsion, And Needling along with Retin A its a good combination and it's not expensive compared to other treatments

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 01/19/2016 3:02 pm

exactly, what results do you want to see happen from a product? if you can be specific.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 01/20/2016 5:01 am

Banish Acne Scars Kit? Are you kidding me?

That stuff is preposterously priced rollers that you can get elsewhere for literally 1/5 of the price. They're another prime example of a business gouging desperate people who aren't sophisticated in their knowledge of acne scars and the appropriate treatments. I would highly caution against anyone buying their stuff. It is essentially repackaged rollers probably sourced from China, like MOST of the rollers on the market.

Save your money and buy a decent roller elsewhere.