Notifications
Clear all

best way to remove makeup?

MemberMember
(@goldenbelt)

Posted : 01/17/2016 2:53 am

what method have you ladies found is the best way to remove your foundation? my kit is coming in the mail soon..do you find the acne.org cleanser does a sufficient job with removing foundation/powder/etc? or should i use some makeup wipes prior to wash?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/17/2016 4:04 am

1 hour ago, GoldenBelt said:

what method have you ladies found is the best way to remove your foundation? my kit is coming in the mail soon..do you find the acne.org cleanser does a sufficient job with removing foundation/powder/etc? or should i use some makeup wipes prior to wash?

Use makeup wipes, or some oil cleansing with olive oil to dissolve the makeup. Just to be sure. But the thing is when you start the regimen, your skin would be so flaky and dry you won't be able to use makeup :P The makeup would probably just peel right off.

MemberMember
(@carlshedde)

Posted : 01/18/2016 11:14 am

On January 17, 2016 at 131 AM, oyinkan98 said:
Use makeup wipes, or some oil cleansing with olive oil to dissolve the makeup. Just to be sure. But the thing is when you start the regimen, your skin would be so flaky and dry you won't be able to use makeup :P The makeup would probably just peel right off.

That is true. Do people use a scrub to take off the flaky extra skin being produced on the face?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/18/2016 4:57 pm

8 hours ago, xxsallyxx said:
On January 17, 2016 at 431 AM, oyinkan98 said:

That is true. Do people use a scrub to take off the flaky extra skin being produced on the face?

No, when you start out with the regimen. I don't think you should use a scrub. After you use the regimen for 4 weeks. I recommend using AHA (glycolic acid 10%) to help reduce the flakes. Worked for some people but some have said it doesn't. My friend used a konjac sponge with a normal cleanser but that didn't work, the flakes just came right back.

When I had flakes, I left my face alone till the fourth week because I expected the flakes to happen so I wasn't even concerned. I knew it was going to go sooner or later. 

Or massage your face with an oil for like 5 minutes before you shower, don't rinse it off. Just wash your face. This should reduce it.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 01/19/2016 2:24 pm

The cleanser will do for something like a tinted moisturizer but for heavier and long lasting make-up then it doesn't really do the job.

I wipe a cotton round with jojoba oil all over my face and let it break down the waterproof eye makeup and sweat proof foundation for about 2 mins. It pretty much takes care of all the stubborn makeup that is usually left over. After that the cleanser can pretty much take care of the rest.

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 01/23/2016 8:42 am

On 1/19/2016 at 3:24 PM, nicmic62 said:

The cleanser will do for something like a tinted moisturizer but for heavier and long lasting make-up then it doesn't really do the job.

I wipe a cotton round with jojoba oil all over my face and let it break down the waterproof eye makeup and sweat proof foundation for about 2 mins. It pretty much takes care of all the stubborn makeup that is usually left over. After that the cleanser can pretty much take care of the rest.

I find that cleansing with cleanser and water after an oil cleanse doesn't remove the oil. Do you use a wipe or anything to get the oil off before you cleanse? Maybe I'm using too much oil?

MemberMember
(@pinkpeppermint)

Posted : 04/21/2016 12:23 am

get a targeted cleansing oil - something that emulsifies when you put water on it so it w

On 23/01/2016 at 2:42 AM, Fudgesicle87 said:
On 19/01/2016 at 8:24 AM, nicmic62 said:

I find that cleansing with cleanser and water after an oil cleanse doesn't remove the oil. Do you use a wipe or anything to get the oil off before you cleanse? Maybe I'm using too much oil?

i would suggest going for a proper deep cleansing oil - like dhc or fancl. it emulsifies once it touches water so you do not have to worry about residues. each cleansing oil is different from each other, the ones that i have recommended are gentle and super effective. you can then just follow up with cetaphil if your skin sensitive or your acne wash.