Notifications
Clear all

Essential Oils?

MemberMember
(@mrl27)

Posted : 01/16/2016 9:22 pm

I've been really interested in natural oils for skin care and I wanted to ask you guys if you had ANY experience (good or bad) with the oils I listed below.

-Lavender
-Tea Tree
-Cedarwood
-Sandalwood
-Argan
-Rosehip
-Rosemary
-Geranium
-Peppermint

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/17/2016 4:10 am

6 hours ago, Mrl27 said:

I've been really interested in natural oils for skin care and I wanted to ask you guys if you had ANY experience (good or bad) with the oils I listed below.

-Lavender
-Tea Tree
-Cedarwood
-Sandalwood
-Argan
-Rosehip
-Rosemary
-Geranium
-Peppermint

Tea Tree Oil is good. // Argan is AMAZING // Reship is also good. Not so sure about lavender. 🙂

Luna878 liked
MemberMember
(@lexcat)

Posted : 01/17/2016 11:28 am

I've had great experiences with tea tree oil! That's the only one I've tried on my face.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 01/17/2016 4:33 pm

i have heard peppermint can be very irritating to the skin and cause acne and have heard lavender can make acne hyperpigmentation scars last a lot longer. I only use tea tree oil and wouldnt put it directly on my skin.

MemberMember
(@johnnywitt19bakercharters-org)

Posted : 01/17/2016 7:08 pm

21 hours ago, Mrl27 said:

-Lavender
-Tea Tree
-Cedarwood
-Sandalwood
-Argan
-Rosehip
-Rosemary
-Geranium
-Peppermint

I use Tea tree and it works pretty well and geranium works well for my hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@mrl27)

Posted : 01/23/2016 4:47 pm

@-John- can i ask how you use geranium oil? I don't use a moisturizer so i wouldn't be able to mix it into that.

MemberMember
(@johnnywitt19bakercharters-org)

Posted : 01/23/2016 5:41 pm

52 minutes ago, Mrl27 said:
@-John- can i ask how you use geranium oil? I don't use a moisturizer so i wouldn't be able to mix it into that.

You can also mix the geranium oil with your topical and even your face wash.

MemberMember
(@pintador)

Posted : 01/23/2016 6:26 pm

If theres two things i have stayed away from throughout my years as a victim of acne it is oils and chocolate. not saying it is bad, its just my choice and it has worked for me. dont let this frighten you. read a lot good about tea tree
oil. good luck on your Journey to clear skin!

MemberMember
(@non-fictional-fangirl)

Posted : 01/24/2016 12:13 pm

On January 17, 2016 at 8:22 PM, Mrl27 said:

-Lavender
-Tea Tree
-Cedarwood
-Sandalwood
-Argan
-Rosehip
-Rosemary
-Geranium
-Peppermint

I have used tea tree for years, and it used to work but since I've been using it for so long I think my face is used to it and it doesn't seem to work anymore. Peppermint is very strong and aggravating, so please do not put it directly on your skin. I actually grabbed it by accident once and put it on my skin like I would have with tea tree as a spot treatment, and it burned something awful. lately I've been using lavender and lemon as an additive to my witch hazel toner, and I've noticed my scars are fading, and current breakouts seem to be less red. But please note when using essentialoils you should get a good brand like do terra or young living as the they seem to be the purest.

MemberMember
(@jemmuzik)

Posted : 02/12/2016 9:31 am

Check my other post on my use of EOs for my daughter.

For Acne skin, stick to these basic guidelines for your Carrier Oils:

• 0-1 Comodegenic rating (out of 5 with 0 =will not clog pores and 5=will clog)
  • High Linoleic Acid withLowOleic Acid (fatty acid ratio for acne-prone skin to balance and "melt" the Oleic acid in your skin's sebum as Acne skiintend to have a high Oleic acid reading, causing clogged pores).
  • My recommendations of the two combined are Hemp Seed oil, Rosehip Seed oil, Grapeseed oil, and Safflower oil. Use these as carrier oils. That means, use these for diluting essential oils with.

For Acne skin here are tips for Essential Oils to mix into the Carrier oils:

• Make sure your Essential Oils (EOs) are unrefined, organic, undiluted, cold-pressed if possible.
  • Buy Therapeutic grade quality from a trusted source. Like Doterra or Youngs Living. Other wholesellers may source theirs from farms that are questionable or unregulated or from countries that are not native to the plant. This affects the EOs potency and healing properties.
  • Tea Tree, Geranium, Lavender, Frankincense, Bergamot, Thyme, Rose, Patchouli are just a few (there are more) that are great for acne, scars, pigmentation, swelling, kills bacteria, etc.
MemberMember
(@summaryoxygen)

Posted : 02/14/2016 2:09 pm

I've read that lavendar, rosehip and peppermint mixed with boiling water are good to steam your face with.