Notifications
Clear all

Accutane jouney/15 year old female/ 20 mg

MemberMember
(@jojo1102)

Posted : 01/16/2016 1:32 pm

Hey people out there
I am a 15 year old girl and I have been struggling with mild to moderat acne for half a year.
I know it is not a very long time, but it has been the longest 6 months of my life, and i have never been more sad in my life.
I have no social life any more. I dont want to go to school. I dont want to get up in the morning. I literally cry several times every day, so I am basically depressed.
Luckely i visited a derm 2 weeks ago, and i was prescribed Accutane 20 mg.
I have been on Accutane for now 6 days, and my skin has gotten a little worse already. I get these big pimples that hurt on my forhead which is the only place that has always been clear, and my regular acne which is mostly on my cheeks and around my moth, is breaking out a little more. I know its a part of the treatment and that my skin hopefully soon will be clear and beautiful, but I am still very depressed about the state of my skin.
Is there anyone out there who is in the same situation as I? I am so scared my face will get even worse than it is now, and I really just want clear skin AFAP so i can start living my life again.
+ I will update you on my journey if there is anyone who will be answering this.
I feel like acne is something you can only talk to people who has been/are suffering from acne about, cause no one else truly understands, so i would LOVE to get some respond.
p.s if my english gramma is shit, its because I am from Denmark

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 01/16/2016 3:44 pm

Yup! I felt the same as you when I took accutane when I was 14. My acne was very bad. I had lots of cysts and pimples everywhere. To make a long story short, my first month was absolutely terrible, even more acne everywhere. But, by the second month, things got better. And by the sixth month, I had no acne and very little acne scarring. :) Most scarring I got was red marks and stuff like that. I'm now 17 and my battle with acne is not finished yet. I still get acne but nothing compared to what I had before accutane. I am using clindamycin phosphate gel (and I've only used it for 3 1/2 weeks) and I've noticed a huge difference :D The point of my post is, I went through the same thing you did and now I'm pretty fine. Hang in there. And while I know it's hard (I took accutane too), accutane will be worth it in the end. Your acne may be cured forever.  Good luck!  

MemberMember
(@jojo1102)

Posted : 01/16/2016 4:04 pm

18 minutes ago, CoolPerson123 said:

Yup! I felt the same as you when I took accutane when I was 14. My acne was very bad. I had lots of cysts and pimples everywhere. To make a long story short, my first month was absolutely terrible, even more acne everywhere. But, by the second month, things got better. And by the sixth month, I had no acne and very little acne scarring. :) Most scarring I got was red marks and stuff like that. I'm now 17 and my battle with acne is not finished yet. I still get acne but nothing compared to what I had before accutane. I am using clindamycin phosphate gel (and I've only used it for 3 1/2 weeks) and I've noticed a huge difference :D The point of my post is, I went through the same thing you did and now I'm pretty fine. Hang in there. And while I know it's hard (I took accutane too), accutane will be worth it in the end. Your acne may be cured forever.  Good luck!  

Thank you for your respond and story! I hope i dont have to wait two months before i see any improvement, but i know it will be worth it in the end. 

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 01/17/2016 11:46 pm

No problem. You might get lucky and see improvements faster. Who knows. All I can say is best of luck and stay strong, you will win this fight sooner or later! :) 

MemberMember
(@jojo1102)

Posted : 02/03/2016 7:44 am

Day 23 onaccutane.

Alright i have been on this drug (20 mg) for 3 weeks now and here is the update:

My skin has gotten a lot better and I see a great process, however i still break out and that annoys me a lot. 2 days ago I was almost able to go to school without any makeup on (I only had to conceal 3 spots. I never wear foundation or powder), and that felt so great, but that is not the case now... It just sucks when you think you have had your last pimple, and then 3 new appears the next day.
All in all my face looks a lot more clear and that makes me happy, im just scared that new pimples will show up whenever i go to sleep and wake up the next morning. I hope i can up my dose when i go se my derm in 2 weeks, because i almost have no side effects, only dry lips.
Anyone who is/was on 20 mg, still broke out in the 3rd week and stopped breaking out within a month? I am going to London in 11 days and i just want my skin to be even more clear.

MemberMember
(@jojo1102)

Posted : 02/10/2016 5:03 am

Day 31 on accutane.

first of all its my birthday tomorrow and i am also going to London.
i haven't had a new pimple in 4 days, so right now i am just healing my old pimples. I feel like whenever i get a pimple and decide not to pop it or touch it, it takes SUCH a long time for it to dry up or go away, so that means i only have 2 active pimples now, but they are finally starting to dry up, and shrink. Other than that i have some read marks that are disappearing more and more. Not too bad. I hope the medicin is finally starting to kick in and prevent new pimples from forming. If my face is now clearing up, i still want to up my dose to 40 mg pr. day cause I've read that the higher dose the better chances to get good result long term (not having acne ever again)

I have noticed that no one really applies to mu updates, but i will keep making these statuses for myself.

chicanery liked
MemberMember
(@hiheyhello)

Posted : 06/05/2016 11:32 am

Hey! I'm on 20mg/day too. How's your skin getting along now?