Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars Greatly Improved!

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 01/16/2016 11:04 am

image.thumb.jpeg.0ca708d57eb854757208e84
In November 2015 I had a subcision performed by Dr. Morganroth in Mountain View, CA (Bay Area). I had a second subcision performed 4 weeks later in December 2015. The picture I attached shows before then 3.5 weeks after the second subcision. I have another thread you can look at where I documented the process starting with the first subcision. 
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/354675-post-subcision-results-wpicture/?page=1

questions I've been asked:
how I cleared my skin: Yaz birth control cleared it up 90%. I went on Accutane for 5.5 months to completely clear my skin. 

Cost: each subcision cost $1,500 to do up to 40 scars (I had 40 scars done), so I spent $3,000 total. My dr is very skilled and is the CEO and founder of the biggest dermatology practice in the Bay Area, so this is definitely on the higher end of what most people pay. I don't regret spending that much bc of the improvement I've seen that I never thought was possible. 

Downtime: 1 week. My skin scabbed and hyperpigmented at each needle insertion point. I couldn't wear makeup bc my skin was scabby and flaky. After a week it was better and the red marks were pink and easier to cover with makeup. 

Post subcision: I iced my face the night of the procedure to help with pain. I did not bruise at all. I kept my face moisturized and used Tazorac .5 every night. Starting on day 3 I suctioned 2x per day for 2 weeks. Two weeks post subcision, I dermarolled with a 1mm roller. 

Results: I'd say after two subcisions I see 45-75% improvement. In mirrors that have harsh lighting I used to avoid, I can now look at myself in them and not cringe. My skin is no longer the first thing I see when I look in the mirror. It feels like a miracle. 

Id definitely recommend subcision to anyone dealing with rolling or pitted scars. Good luck to all of you on your journey to better skin!

MemberMember
(@george26)

Posted : 01/16/2016 11:45 am

You look great!

MemberMember
(@jashun49)

Posted : 01/16/2016 3:27 pm

Wow, good for you. Looks a lot better. You are so strong for putting this out there to help others. I'm so happy for you.

George26 liked
MemberMember
(@getschwifty)

Posted : 01/19/2016 2:48 pm

I'm so happy for you! You look awesome! I'm sure I'll be dealing with acne scars soon, and will definitely take subcision into account. Thank you for sharing your experience!

MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 01/19/2016 4:40 pm

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! This is awesome! I was talking to some doctors today about subcision. Now I am going to get it done! A few times if I have to. Did you get laser? I heard bad things about laser. YOUR SKIN LOOKS AWESOME!

Kazalea liked
MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 01/19/2016 5:08 pm

I'm curious. Would a dermapen have gotten such good results as the great photos above?

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 01/21/2016 4:29 pm

On 1/19/2016, 350, 51WithSkin said:

I'm curious. Would a dermapen have gotten such good results as the great photos above?

Depends on what type of scars you have and whether or not they are anchored. If they are (anchored) then the dermapen will not help at all. I have seen great results with dermarolling but it did nothing for my anchored scars. I'd love to get subcision, but I can not find anybody in town who does it and I can't afford to travel to get it done.

Awesome results! glad you found something that worked for you! I wish so badly that I could get subscision done. Can't find a doctor who does it here. 🙁

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 01/21/2016 10:44 pm

DermarollingGirl, what types of scars improved the most for you with rolling?

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 01/28/2016 7:29 pm

I dermarolled prior to getting subcision and the results were pretty subpar. I've dermarolled twice since getting subcision and the results are much more obvious. I think once the scars have been lifted and are shallower, the dermaroller is more useful (at least at the level I use which is 1mm). I know someone who dermarolls at home with a 2mm roller and he has been able to greatly improve his rolling scars with just that alone.

On January 19, 2016 at 1:40 PM, 51WithSkin said:

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! This is awesome! I was talking to some doctors today about subcision. Now I am going to get it done! A few times if I have to. Did you get laser? I heard bad things about laser. YOUR SKIN LOOKS AWESOME!

No I have no plans to get laser! It is so expensive and I've also heard horror stories. My dr was honest and said laser cannot lift scars, it's much better suited for helping mild texture issues or discoloration, but I'd never do laser. Thank you for your kind words! They mean a lot & good luck to you! Do you plan to go through with subcision? It's literally the best thing I've ever done for myself

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 01/28/2016 8:59 pm

WOW! Good on you. You can go on and enjoy your life much more now I'm sure.

Hopefully I'll get results like that one day.