Notifications
Clear all

tiny spots all over my face

MemberMember
(@ldra)

Posted : 01/16/2016 6:25 am

My skin looks exactly like in this picture. I have these flesh colored spots that are literally everywhere and there's not a single patch of skin that doesn't have these spots. Does anyone know what it is? Or how to get rid of it? I've had it for years.

My spots are more obvious than in these pictures. And it's even worse when I put on makeup because it makes it even more obvious.

image.jpeg

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@nicola88)

Posted : 01/17/2016 7:29 pm

Hi, I sometimes get this around my eyes of I do not exfoliate regularly.

Maybe they could be congested pores. How often do you exfoliate and what with? X

MemberMember
(@ldra)

Posted : 01/18/2016 9:42 pm

On 18 January 2016 at 0108, Nicola88 said:

Hi, I sometimes get this around my eyes of I do not exfoliate regularly.

Maybe they could be congested pores. How often do you exfoliate and what with? X

I have a clarisonic that I use a few times a week, however I've hardly seen a change in my skin with it. It's good for cleaning though. I also use the paula's choice 2% bha gel afterwards which is good. Honestly though I'm not good with routines so I usually do this whenever I feel like I need it, only during night time. Which i guess is why my skin looks like this but these pores are so stubborn so I'll have to wait a long time until I see a difference.

MemberMember
(@bringkammithehorizon)

Posted : 01/18/2016 10:41 pm

Hi hun,
I had this exact same problem until I got my prescription. It's called keratosis pilaris, it's inflammation of the hair follicles and causes the pore to be clogged, but my dermatologist knew I had it because I had bumps on the back of my arms too. I'm no doctor so don't assume you have it. For now,  try maybe a gentle peel or mask (my recommendation is Aztec clay, big thing of it is like 7$  on amazon)  If the problem persists, do some research or visit a nearby Derm. :)

MemberMember
(@ldra)

Posted : 01/19/2016 7:30 am

8 hours ago, BringKammiTheHorizon said:

Hi hun,
I had this exact same problem until I got my prescription. It's called keratosis pilaris, it's inflammation of the hair follicles and causes the pore to be clogged, but my dermatologist knew I had it because I had bumps on the back of my arms too. I'm no doctor so don't assume you have it. For now,  try maybe a gentle peel or mask (my recommendation is Aztec clay, big thing of it is like 7$  on amazon)  If the problem persists, do some research or visit a nearby Derm. :)

I actually have that on my body but these are invisible spots that aren't bumps so i'm unsure if it's KP. I have the Aztec Clay at home, I'll use that. Thank you :) 

MemberMember
(@nicola88)

Posted : 01/20/2016 5:13 am

I hope the aztec clay works for you! keep us posted,

The texture of my skin is my main concern including under skin bumps. I recently went to the skn clinic (last visit was 9 months prior). the areas in which i suffer from these bumps after assessing my skin with one of those machines that shows up dead skin, hydration levels and sun damage. Turns out the areas where these bumps are have a build up of dead skin on top which may be leading to the congestion.

I am booked in for a 30% glycolic peel on friday, I have been using aesthicare 10% glycolic gel as instructed each night in prep for my peel. I can already feel a reduction in these bumps my skin is much smoother and more hydrated.

So it might be worth trialing upping your exfoliation with maybe a glycolic/lactic acid just to help remove any excess dead skin cells.

It may or may not work but my god they annoy the hell out of me so we can only try 🙂

LDRA liked