Notifications
Clear all

What to do with crusts? HELP

MemberMember
(@jepb)

Posted : 01/16/2016 1:03 am

Hello, I'll start this by saying that I've started my holistic regimen ever since August, so it's been 5 months now, my skin has definitely gone worst but the acne scars (8 boxcar scars, sort of 5 rolling scars that we're all together and a lot of icepick scars) are all gone, now I have a lot of hyperpigmentation from the almost 8 new pimples daily, cystic, blackheads and pustules (or whiteheads, I cant really difference them).

The problem with the acne I have is that every time it leaves a crust, I don't pop my pimples, except when I'm taking a shower or sleeping and they pop on their one. I try not to touch them at all. But even if they are not popped they always dry out and leave a crust. Until last week I had 10 of this crusts on my forehead, which where there for about a month. And I now have 18 of this on my left cheek. One of them I have it since AUGUST, this one has actually fallen 2 times but it always comes back (the crust I mean). The other 17 I have them since maybe a month or two for some of them. I always leave them fall on their own but I'm paranoid that with them being for so long on my face that they leave very nasty scars.

So my questions are:
1. Why have they started appearing ever since I went holistic and only used natural products. Does this happens to everyone? I haven't seen anything about it.
2. Is there anything I can do to make them fall faster, and anything I can put on them so they won't leave such nasty scars.
3. What can I do with the pimples that pop on their own, without me even touching them.

P.s.: English is not my native language so sorry if something is bad written. Oh and I'm sorry if the picture grosses you out.

MemberMember
(@jepb)

Posted : 01/16/2016 9:34 pm

Bump.

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 01/18/2016 11:30 pm

Learn to take advantage of exfoliating. It'll help accelerate the recycling process regarding the epithelial layer of our dermis. You won't have massive scares if the anatomical relationship isn't deep making it much less likely for complete dermis penetration. A lot of scarring on the face that resembles deep holes is due to the blemish having enough intensity that it broke through all layers of our dermis and made contact with the thin layer of cartilage underneath.

If you get some pretty minuscule scars and it drives you nuts then take some time and practice needling to help accentuate the breakdown of scar tissue and help promote some new collagen production. A friend of mine uses a 28'' hypodermic insulin needle and covers the tip with Humalog Insulin before every poke.

I don't recommend that at all, but who knows with a name like Jepb I'd say your a badass. Just chill out and keep your mind on other activities. Try to avoid touching at all possible. Properly exfoliate and pamper your skin. It wants to look like a $1,000,000.00 gerbil, but it has the structural integrity of a paper plate.

Jepb liked
MemberMember
(@jepb)

Posted : 01/19/2016 12:09 pm

12 hours ago, BaxterMcDoobinson said:

Learn to take advantage of exfoliating. It'll help accelerate the recycling process regarding the epithelial layer of our dermis. You won't have massive scares if the anatomical relationship isn't deep making it much less likely for complete dermis penetration. A lot of scarring on the face that resembles deep holes is due to the blemish having enough intensity that it broke through all layers of our dermis and made contact with the thin layer of cartilage underneath.

If you get some pretty minuscule scars and it drives you nuts then take some time and practice needling to help accentuate the breakdown of scar tissue and help promote some new collagen production. A friend of mine uses a 28'' hypodermic insulin needle and covers the tip with Humalog Insulin before every poke.

I don't recommend that at all, but who knows with a name like Jepb I'd say your a badass. Just chill out and keep your mind on other activities. Try to avoid touching at all possible. Properly exfoliate and pamper your skin. It wants to look like a $1,000,000.00 gerbil, but it has the structural integrity of a paper plate.

Thank you so much! One of the crusts falled yesterday and it didn't leave a scar so I think I'll be okay, I don't mind minimal scars and I plan on dermarolling or needling when my face is free of acne, but it will be a very light needling with a small needle. I've recently started playing the piano and swimming and I think those are the two things that are helping me the most, before I was just thinking about my face all the time and it was torture.

Iwas actually scared of exfoliating and making it worst, what do you recommend to be the best way to exfoliate? If you don't mind me asking.

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 01/19/2016 12:26 pm

Now this is coming from a complete stranger, but don't quit the piano ever. I stopped playing in my teens for almost 5 years and now it's been hell trying to get back. All it does is invoke feeling of regret and dissapointment in myself for carelessly quitting a fine art. Stlll haven't attained the comprension of my former 10 year old shithead self.

For exfoliators......... try finding a soft silicone bristle exfoliating pad and just use the water as your buffing compound. I buy my little silicone pad at Wal-Mart for dirt cheap and usually right next to it is a more course and abrasive cloth/fabric like exfoliating glove. It'll help if you have notoriously difficult sections of your skin that doesn't shed correctly.

My silicone pad is used around my nose, eyes, chin, and neck because it's extremely gentle. I use the glove that resembles 800-grit sandpaper on my forehead, temples, and cheeks. Just remember it's not about the amount of pressure you apply to your skin, but the ability to maintain gentle and effective revolutions or circles.

Don't scrub your face like it's a carpet stain or you'll end up looking a lttle "rough" on the edges. I got way too ravenous with my timeless wax on-wax off technique and half of my face was rubbed raw. That wasn't too bad it was the scabbing that drove me insane afterwards.

Jepb liked