Notifications
Clear all

Is dry or oily skin better

MemberMember
(@zvujanic)

Posted : 01/15/2016 3:08 am

Hey guys so I used to have cystic acne up until a couple years ago I'm 19 and now my skin seems to be getting worse since October. I used to have skin that would almost never get any pimples and not really even have to worry about it. So at first I tried cetaphil twice a day and that didn't work, and then neurogena acne soap twice a day and only at night and that didn't seem to work either. I've also tried moisturizer and it made my skin feel better but also it seemed to break me out more. So the past couple days I've been using a dove soap bar in the shower in the morning with nothing else and my face feels a lot dryer but does that create less pimples? And is washing once a day best? I'm really frustrated because I used to never worry about this and now I have all these pimples and I'm worried about what people think of me and I don't like doing anything anymore.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@keruen98)

Posted : 01/16/2016 8:28 am

Dude first of all i shall say that your skin condition is nowhere close to cystic acne

But anyhow, it purely depends on your skin type. Personally for me, my skin get much less breakouts when it is dry. However you need to make sure not to overdry it, as dead skin can clog your pores and cause breakouts. So i would advice you to use a good moisturiser, that doesn't contain oil